A new chat-based auction plugin!

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by sh2mrr5, Feb 15, 2020.

1. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator
    Administrator System Administrator

Hello, everybody!

As some of you might still remember, we had to switch to an GUI-based auction plugin called CrazyAuctions back in July, since our old plugin had many issues and was essentially abandoned by the developer. While CrazyAuctions had some advantages, many players were missing things like the more active bidding or being able to sell more than 64 items at once.

Because of that, we decided to try out a new chat-based auction plugin that is very similar to the old plugin, without having any of these big issues. In the next few paragraphs, I am going to describe how the plugin works in detail and also highlight new features. Just like back when Towny v3.0 started, auctions will be available starting with the Guardian rank.

To auction the item you are holding, you simply have to use the following command:
    [​IMG]
    Increment (the minimum increase between bids), autobuy (the auction ends when somebody bids this much) and time (duration of the auction: 45-60 seconds) are optional. Other players will then be able to simply bid on the item by using /bid [amount].

To take a closer look at the auctioned items, you can simply hover over the auction message in chat:
    [​IMG]

A new feature is the scoreboard that always displays how much time is left and who is is the current highest bidder. Additionally, it displays the current repair cost in levels, so you will always know if it is still possible to repair/enchant the item:
    [​IMG]

Other important commands:
    /auc cancel - Cancels your auction
    /auc ignore - Ignore all auction broadcasts
    /auc spam - Ignore all spammy broadcasts
    /auction scoreboard - Toggle the scoreboard on/off

The old auction house:
    Since it doesn't really interfere with the new plugin, we have decided to keep the GUI-based auction house, at least until at becomes clear whether it will still be used or not.

To access the old Auction House GUI, use /ah. The new plugin will be accessible through the following commands: /auc, /auction, /auctions.

If you have questions or feedback, feel free to leave a reply under this post!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. ICH0307

ICH0307 Member

Thanks yous <3

3. Imemi

Imemi Moderator

That looks so complicated compared to what we have now, also will spam chat :|

4. Daphsquid

Daphsquid Retired Staff

Spam shouldn't be an issue because there are anti-spam commands built in:

If you want to occasionally see auction messages, but not all of the spammy bid messages, use /auction spam.
    If you don't want to see ANY auction messages in chat at all, use /auction ignore.
    If you want to disable the scoreboard on the right side of your screen, use /auction scoreboard.

Let me know if you have any issues with those commands. :)

Both Auction plugins are still installed since we know some players preferred one over the other.
    To access the GUI-based auction house: /ah
    To access the chat-based bidding auctions: /auction or /auc

Again, please let me know if there are any issues with these commands.

5. Imemi

Imemi Moderator

Thanks for your answer. I will test it, maybe it will be fun! Was most worried about spam in chat (like treasurehunt does) but I already disabled that for now. I like the old one tho so hope it won't dissapear :p