Towny Add New Player Shop Spaces

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by XiYen, May 2, 2019.

1. XiYen

XiYen Well-Known Member

I don't think the problem with the Tv2 shops was there were too many shops, it was how they were layed out.
    I understand the desire to keep unoccupied shops to a minimum, but the current number of shops is a bit underwhelming.

Now, I don't think we should add many new spaces to start, in fact, for the first expansion, there should only be a second level of shops added above shops small6-8.
    Should be easy to add, just cut the roofs, copy + paste shops small6-8 on top, then paste the roofs back on.

Then come back in a month or two, evaluate shop space usage, and if there is still 100% shop usage, add another extension (easiest would be shops small3-5 and/or small1-2).

I think shop usage should be around 90%. Have enough active shops to make it worth while to visit the shop area, but enough open shop space to encourage players to create their own shop.

2. FNPlayz

FNPlayz Moderator

We increased shop prices specifically to free up some more shops. You just have to be a bit patient for this effect to take place. I don't think adding more shops would be good for performance in the spawn area.

3. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator
    Administrator System Administrator

As FN said, we will probably wait first to see how the increased prices affect the overall situation. Squeezing shops into the spawn in a way that it doesn't look terrible is probably going to be a bit more difficult, thanks for the suggestion though :)

• Agree Agree x 1