BruhThe_II (Ryanrocks07) Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by ryanrocks07, Jul 7, 2020.

1. ryanrocks07

ryanrocks07 Well-Known Member

Your current IGN:
    BruhThe_II Although staff have thankfully given me the nickname of Ryanrocks07 until I can change my name back to the original.

What is your discord name including the # and numbers?

mememuncher#2530

How old are you?

What timezone do you live in?

The timezone in my Province is EST (GMT-4)

What server do you play the most on Shadow Kingdom?

I do not necessarily have a server I stick to more on SK, When I first joined here back in 2.0 I was drawn to towns as it gave me an opportunity to be a leader. I currently though have a bias more towards creative, I find that it is more active in the current state, and the rank system has given me more motivation to build. But I do still love towny, and find myself on there often as well, and with towny 4.0 releasing soon, I plan to be on much more, and plan to help Major_Graft run his town.

How active can you be on Shadow Kingdom?

Seeing as it is Summer, and COVID19 has my job going slowly, I've got plenty of time to put into SK, I am still a student, which means not all of my time can be spent here, but I think 4-5 Hours in a day with of course more time in the Summer days sums up how much time I can put into SK .

Do you have any past experience as staff? Do you still work there? If not, why did you leave?
    (Please be as honest as possible in this section.)

I would say I have some staff experience, but mainly only with minecraft. I have run a realm with my friends on multiple occasions, and haven't had any issues diffusing conflicts between my friends, of course this is with my friends which are easier than people who are members of the community, but I have still found myself to be a peacekeeping force on servers I play on, and I think I have calmed down volatile events between people. I still have the patience to help people with trouble they may be having, and I have excellent knowledge of both of the SK servers, as I have put a lot of time into both. Other than realms with my friends though and what little things ive done in games where people have argued, I do not have any major staffing experience, but we all start somewhere, and I feel like this could be my beginning.

Why do you want to be a staff member on SK? Why should we pick you instead of other players who apply?

I Believe that I should be staff on the shadowkingdom server for multiple reasons. Firstly, I am proficient in both servers, and know a lot about both, I spent a lot of time in towns and still do, and I am very knowledgeable in creative too, seeing as it is my main server at the moment, I believe this versatility can help me be active and helpful in both servers and spend an equal amount of time on there to help keep things order, and help confused people. Secondly I think that I have good ideas which could help benefit both the towny server and the creative server, for example I recently have messaged Marijke2382 about some suggestions StyxFPS, Yellowkid and I came up with to help improve the voting process for Creative Build Discovery. Lastly, I think I am a known community member, and someone who can help keep people playing, people joining the new towny may become frustrated without a clear idea what to do, and they may leave, but staff members to answer questions can greatly reduces these frustrations, I have had experience with this as when I first joined, Assistant Major_Graft showed me the way to life here. I think I can be useful to help both servers and add some life to the staff team.

If you could change one thing about the server, what would it be?
    (OPTIONAL QUESTION)

There are a couple of things I believe could be changed on both servers, just to make things more engaging or enjoyable for players. In the Creative side of the server I believe that the ranking system should be more fair to players who put more time and effort into large scale build projects, and potential ways to do this are making higher ranking players likes carry more weight, as well as making a larger plot a requirement for rank up. On the Towny side of the server, I feel there should be more incentive to rankup, as well as more uses for money, on the server I find if I am not building or grinding for materials, I have no desire to grind out money or rank up. Some ways this could be changed are making rank perks more impactful, to give more desire to achieve a high towny rank, or to have the ability to prestige, and go through the ranks again with potentially custom rewards for those who choose that challenge though im sure these ideas may change based on towny 4.0. These are some of the ideas I have to help make a difference on Shadow Kingdom, and to make it more engaging for new joiners, and old players.

Additional comments:

Thanks for reading this, I really do appreciate it, I've wanted to write up a staff application for this server for a while as it means something to me, I spent alot of time consulting people on how to make this staff application stand out, and I want to say thanks to the community for being so friendly and engaging.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Major_Graft

Major_Graft Dedicated Member

Well after several shout outs in that application I can hardly be considered unbiased! That said, Ryan is ready to learn, hardworking and loyal in my experience and would grow to become an excellent member of the team given the chance. Good luck mate!

• Like Like x 1
  3. ryanrocks07

Thank you for the kind words! :)

4. Reapz

Reapz Member

Very good application i like that, Good Luck!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ryanrocks07

I'm happy to hear you feel this way :D

6. Twilight

Twilight New Member

I agree 100% with Reapz and Major ^^ Good luck with becoming staff and it was your application that inspired me to apply as well regardless of the lack in staffing skill I have!

• Like Like x 1
  7. ryanrocks07

Im super happy to hear I inspired you!! best of luck to you :D

8. Twilight

Twilight New Member

Best of luck to you as well in case we both make it! :D