Towny Changelog 2020-02-04 - Enchantments, money, alt accounts

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by sh2mrr5, Feb 3, 2020.

1. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator
    Administrator System Administrator

Hey everybody,
    In this changelog we will focus on a few changes to our towny server, including enchantments, rules and financial matters. As usual, if you have any feedback or questions, feel free to leave a reply beneath this thread!

Enchantments:
    There has been a rare issue that a player sometimes would die instantly in PvP. In order to make this less likely to happen, we adjusted the following two enchantments:
    • Vengeful Diminish: Reduced the reflected damage to better match the description (before the update it would block half of the damage and return the full damage to the attacker).
    • Planetary Deathbringer and Deathbringer: To smooth out some of the more extreme damage spikes, these enchantments now increase the damage by a lower percentage but have a higher chance to be triggered.
    /sell:
    Seeds and Beetroot Seeds can now be sold to the server for a small amount of money ($ 0.05 per item).

Money limit:

Since some players already made more than 10 million in total, we decided to double it our money limit.

Rule regarding the use of alt accounts:

Since our old rule regarding the use of alt accounts had been quite vague and had a few exceptions/loopholes, we decided to update it, especially considering the many (unfair) advantages alt accounts can give over other players. To level the playing field, the updated rule will now cover all kinds of in game benefits including things like collecting multiple vote(party) rewards, starting money, having additional jobs and keeping (mob) farms working, while being somewhere else. Of course, it will still be perfectly fine to use alt accounts in ways that do not affect the gameplay of our server, such as making videos or similar cases.

15. Using too many alt accounts/Too many accounts joining on the same IP address/Using alt accounts to gain an advantage - this includes, but is not limited to all direct benefits like claiming multiple vote party crates or keeping mobs spawning/crops growing. Uses that do not provide an advantage over other players, like recording videos or streaming are fine.
    - Warning <-> short IP tempban <-> long IP tempban

#1 sh2mrr5, Feb 3, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Imemi

Imemi Member

When will this be active? *tries to sell seeds*

3. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator

Changes like this always require a server restart, which is every day at 7 am GMT for towny. So basically everything should be active now :D

4. Aerenia

Aerenia Member

Is it allowed to have your alt stay at a dark room while you kill the monsters in this same location?
    So that we can have more mob spawn in this area? This can be useful for other people as well as they use this dark room. I sometimes afk my alt there for other people as well. Is that allowed?

5. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator

This would be one of the cases that are not allowed anymore, since having an alt account to increase spawn rates can be quite a huge financial advantage, even if you then decide to share it with others.

6. jbean45

jbean45 Member

Can I just play on my alt normally if I'm bored on my main. Not for money and just play. Sometimes I get bored on my main and play on my alt since there's more to do.

7. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator

If you do not use that alt to level jobs your main doesn't have or anything similar, it should be fine.