Accepted Colt's v3.0 Staff Application[7/8/19]

Discussion in 'Staff Application Archive' started by Colt21, May 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colt21

Colt21 Staff Member
    Assistant

Dearest members and staff of ShadowKingdom,

I bring to you -- my updated staff application. Some may have noticed my latest absence since Towny v2.0 shut down, but that's because I was focusing on my life and getting everything in my life back together. It's been a rocky few months, the beginning of this year, but I'm back and ready to be a part of ShadowKingdom, again. If anybody has any questions, feel free to message me on discord, the server, or post a reply down below!

Your current IGN:

Colt21

What is your discord name including the # and numbers?
    Colt21#5713

How old are you?

What timezone do you live in?
    Central Standard Time Zone (I live in Texas -- yee yee)

What server do you play the most on Shadow Kingdom?
    Towny

Have you donated to the server before?
    During the 2018 winter sale!

How active can you be on Shadow Kingdom?
    Maximum, almost every day for at least an hour or more. Minimum, an hour or more every other day.

I work every day of the week except Tuesday, around 30-35 hours a week, but I'm committed to assisting when needed. That being said, I do have quite a lot of free time at work so I would be able to keep my playtime up. My job is very chill and they allow us to play video games, watch movies/Netflix/Hulu and just relax, so I have confidence that my playtime will not be lacking.

Do you have any past experience as staff? Do you still work there? If not, why did you leave?
    (Please be as honest as possible in this section. Lots of past experience is something we consider to be a good thing.)

I've owned multiple servers, and have been Admin and Moderator on 3 other servers. The reason I "left" was because those servers were shut down, sadly.

Why do you want to be a staff member on SK? Why should we pick you instead of other players who apply?
    I would be a great addition to the staff members because I'm active, especially on Towny. Because of the influx of new players, I feel like an added presence of staff would be helpful. I know how to help people, and I'm good at problem-solving. I've been on ShadowKingdom since November 30, 2018 and have 200+ hours of playtime from Towny v2.0 and I'm just now beginning to rack up hours on Towny v3.0. In addition to my experience as a player, I am knowledgeable about the plugins as well, since I had to work on plugins for my own server before. Although I mostly spend my time on Towny, I do know much about creative mode since I've had to use WorldEdit for past servers of mine.

If you could change one thing about the server, what would it be?
    (OPTIONAL QUESTION)

I believe that some mini-games within Towny would be fun, just in case nobody has anything else to do in their towns. Also if there were any new plugins to be added, I would add SignEdit. Just a simple command that lets users edit signs without breaking the sign and placing a new one (because we all hate making that one teeny tiny typo and hate having to redo the WHOLE thing).

Additional comments:
    I believe that I could be very useful for not only the owners, admins and other staff members of this server, but the players as well. I will always be available to reach via Discord, and obviously on the server but due to the huge boost of players joining the new Towny Discord server (which is amazing), the chat can get kind of crowded, full of spam, and annoying. However, I do not believe my lack of presence on the Discord server, or forums, would hinder my abilities to perform as a staff member. I am ready to assist and to learn as much as I can, not only as a staff member but as a person, as well. Many thanks to the Owner, Admins, Staff and fellow players for taking the time to read and consider this application.

Sincerely,
    Colt

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pile

Pile Administrator
    Forum Administrator

Welcome to the team!
    I have started a private conversation with you here on forums to discuss your training.
    Please reply to my DM so that we can get you started. <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.