Comparing the CEs Furnace and Autosmelt II

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by sh2mrr5, Jan 22, 2018.

1. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator
    Administrator System Administrator

I tried to find out which one of those two enchantments is the better one and tested them therefore on coal and iron ore (I also made some figures, because that is for some reason my idea of fun :D). I am writing this thread as it might be interesting for everyone else who is looking to get the most out of their ores.

The first figure shows the results for coal ore tested with Fortune V and the CEs.
    Coal.PNG
    These results should be similar for diamond ore and to a certain extend to redstone and lapis. Surprisingly, Furnace I has a much higher impact on the drop rates than Autosmelt (AS) does, while adding both CEs didn't have any additional effect. As expected, a high fortune level further enhances the coal yield.

The next figure shows the result for iron ore which should be similar to gold ore.
    iron.PNG Compared to the previous figure, Autosmelt II now has the largest impact. Unexpectedly, both CEs scale with fortune now, which does not happen in the vanilla game or with mcmmo flux mining.

Since the effect of AS II compared to Furnace is not significantly greater on iron ore and worse on coal ore, I recommend to use Furnace, as AS additionally only converts 50 % of iron/gold ore (the rest has to be placed and mined again).

Note: For the experience I placed the ores manually (previously mined) to eleminate any influence of MCMMO.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Roesanna

Roesanna Well-Known Member

look at you sh1m, being all productive and having charts. good for you dude, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Furance just went up in price ....

love the graphs too

4. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator

Thanks to @Azazel for discovering the following interaction: Telepathy + Autosmelt.

With those two CEs a Fortune V pickaxe constantly gets you 8 ingots out of an ore. The average drop rate for coal ore improved by 0.5-1 coal per ore.

I might test the important combinations with Telepathy in the future, but probably not all of them, as this is quite expensive, especially as the black scroll isn't realiable.

If anyone discovers any other interactions of interest feel free to tell me or to reply to this thread :D

5. pastelnarwhal

pastelnarwhal Moderator

Wh-why did you make this look like a science experiment like it kinda is but it looks so professional wow nice

• Like Like x 1
  6. F4ntasbolic

F4ntasbolic Staff Member
    Assistant

well, telepathy + blast seems to be awesome for obsidian, but everyone probably already knew that

• Like Like x 1
  7. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator

I made this thing because it was kind of fun xD
    It might be a bit outdated now (especially since almost noone has fortune V anymore). Telepathy certainly got changed as it doesn't give you the highest number of drops all the time. Additionally, you do not get any jobs xp/income when using telepathy on its own, I am not sure if it is like that when you combine it with other CEs though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. FNPlayz

FNPlayz Staff Member
    Assistant

Doing experiments is the best kind of fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. violet

violet System Administrator

This is far more elaborate than I expected. Good job.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Crms0nBlade

Crms0nBlade Moderator

Wow statistics. Next gotta find that confidence interval and standard deviation between each

11. F4ntasbolic

F4ntasbolic Staff Member
    Assistant

Welp, now those statistics are outdated

• Agree Agree x 1