Connor's "Long-Awaited" Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Connor M., Jul 19, 2019.

1. Connor M.

Connor M. New Member

Your current IGN: goatsblood, was previously raggedymaggoty/sweetpork.

What is your discord name including the # and numbers? scarletts carcasserole#6969

How old are you? I'm currently twenty as of now, however, I'll be turning twenty-one in a few days!

What timezone do you live in?
    Eastern standard time (EST).

What server do you play the most on Shadow Kingdom?
    I personally play on Towny a lot more than Creative, but I do spend some time designing "portraits" whenever I switch from Towny's survival/economy aspects, haha. (I'm sure if the Creative server gained a little more traction and more people decided to try it out, I'd be a lot more active on it than I am right now.)

How active can you be on Shadow Kingdom? I'm available all seven days of the week from around noon to practically midnight, a full twelve-hours! On weekends I have a bit more time to myself, so I can hop on for a longer period of time if necessary. I cannot be on from any time between midnight and seven in the morning, as my router shuts off and refuses to turn back on until the so-called timer is done. Silly, I know, but it is what it is. (I should be able to fix this sometime in the near future, as I'm getting a replacement once I settle moving plans!)

Do you have any past experience as staff? Do you still work there? If not, why did you leave?

(Please be as honest as possible in this section.) I do, yes! There was a server by the name of CowCraft a few years back, in which I helped staff for a bit. I was a helper for a while before the server went under due to lack of funds and a necessary player count, so I can't say I'm too "in the know" with it's /op commands. Before that all happened, I stepped down thanks to me being inexperienced and juvenile, as I didn't have the right mindset for a staff position when I was only fourteen, sadly. (I'm confident that I've learned since then, haha.) Aside from that, I have been a staff member on other platforms for multiple years and can safely say that I'm incredibly familiar with what's to be expected and how to handle certain subjects.

Why do you want to be a staff member on SK? Why should we pick you instead of other players who apply? Mind you, I haven't been on the server as long as a lot of others, but I have a feeling I'll be able to understand it a wee bit better than some. I've hosted many a private server before and know how the basic commands work, including banning, muting and kicking. I have some experience with plugins, the official Towny and PlotMe/PlotSquared ones especially. I feel as though I can handle myself well and be mature when a serious subject arises, but laid-back enough to not come off as a "stickler" or anyone uptight. I'm applying for a staff position because I want to contribute something other than money to a place that I've grown to respect, not to mention help out it's members who've been mostly nothing but helpful towards me. A sense of "giving back" if you will! Although I've had minor squabbles with (a few) current staff members, I'm one-hundred-percent willing to let it go and apologize for my mistakes, as argumentative conversations aren't exactly my forte, nor does it help with running things as smoothly as possible.

If you could change one thing about the server, what would it be?

(OPTIONAL QUESTION) I've heard players complaining about the restrictive qualities of what they're able to say and what topics are prohibited, and in all honesty, I can somewhat see where they're coming from. As much as I'd love a moderated chat, the moderation aspects we have now are indeed, a little caged, isolated, even. Of course, a chat without assistance would be utterly awful and complete chaos, so please, please don't think I'm asking for staff to step away from it, just for them to not get so insecure about various subjects. Other than that, I'm all for what's happening as of now!

Additional comments: Apologies if this was a long read, but thank you for looking over it! It's greatly appreciated. Have a nice day.

#1 Connor M., Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019 at 11:08 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Colt21

Colt21 Staff Member
    Assistant

Good luck, Connor!

damn i miss your sweetpork username

• Like Like x 1
  3. Connor M.

Connor M. New Member

Thanks so much, Colt! Here’s hoping, haha.

(“sweetpork” was fun, but I wanted something more goofily “sinister”, lmao.)

• Like Like x 2
  4. FNPlayz

FNPlayz Moderator

Would be nice to have another artist on the team xD

• Like Like x 1
  5. Connor M.

Connor M. New Member

If I make it, I’ll assure you there’ll be many a doodle of staff shenanigans, heehee...

6. Connor M.

Connor M. New Member

Apologies for the double post/change of info, but I've updated the Discord/IGN sections to be accurate as of now!

[​IMG]