Creative Build Contest 4 - Results!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Marijke2382, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Marijke2382

Marijke2382 Moderator

Hello everyone!

Congratulations to everyone who took part in our underwater contest! Judging was very difficult again due to all the amazing builds.

Everyone who took part now has 2 weeks to copy their build to the regular plotworld and submit it from there if they wish. The top three builds will be copied to the museum and can be submitted from there. Store coupons and build points will also be distributed over the next few days.

Here are the winners of the contest:

1st Place: Luminiscient (1000 points + $50 donation store coupon)
    [​IMG]

2nd Place: Pizza_Hut (750 points + $25 donation store coupon)
    [​IMG]

3rd Place: Ruben0_0 (500 points + $15 donation store coupon)
    [​IMG]

4th and 5th Place: Mechagale and Abuilder (250 points)
    [​IMG]

6th to 10th Place: JoeIsDaddy, Ultrabrain, ACepheidVariable, Xonic0 and KayozF5 (125 points)
    [​IMG]

All finished plots (50 coins)

Thanks to everyone who made this amazing contest possible, hope to see you soon on the server.
    Keep on building!

Kind regards,
    SK Staff

#1 Marijke2382, Apr 24, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Ultrabrain

Ultrabrain Well-Known Member

Congratulations to all participants. Especially the top 3. All very much deserved!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Weajen

Weajen Staff Member
    Assistant

pogges

• Like Like x 1
  4. emi

emi Moderator

Great job everyone! Congrats to top 10

5. is_there

is_there Well-Known Member

Was I not entered?

6. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator
    Administrator System Administrator

We had a total of 33 builds (yours included), so the competition was quite fierce for this contest ^^

7. is_there

is_there Well-Known Member

I know it’s a popularity contest and staff hates me. Clearly entry 6 has default sphere brush and cylinders. You can see it from the pic. Have of the top ten aren’t even finished.

#7 is_there, Apr 25, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2021
  8. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator
    Administrator System Administrator

@is_there I am sorry that you feel that way, however, the results are final now and this isn't really the place to argue about them. We wouldn't ignore a build because we do not like the player either. To give you a little context on how we judge:

We give each plot a score in four different categories:
    • Creativity (How creative is your build, like did you have interesting/unique ideas?)
    • Quality (How well did you implement your ideas, how good is your building skill?)
    • Unity (How well do the different elements of your build fit together, is it one cohesive build or just a lot of different stuff?)
    • Theme (Does your plot fit the theme of the contest?)
    This is done by each staff member separately and in the end the scores are averaged and used to generate an overall ranking. If you still want to know your individual scores in those categories or have any other questions, feel free to message me on Discord or something. :)

9. Ruben0_0

Ruben0_0 Member

Congrats to everyone that placed. There were many beautiful plots, I certainly did not expect to get as high as 3rd place. It's always a blast to see what people come up with!

10. JoeIsDaddy

JoeIsDaddy Well-Known Member

Roasting my plot tut tut. Have you considered that maybe it uses the default sphere because I, oh idk, needed a sphere?

I agree that it does feel like most of the top 10 are not finished, which shows that something needs to be changed with the judging system (still all stellar builds though lads) but like in my honest opinion there were still some builds a lot better than yours. Same with mine, I don't think I should have come 6th, but hey ho.

11. Ruben0_0

Ruben0_0 Member

Judging is, as always, a very subjective thing. I think the judging process is mostly fine; I know that they use a very similar approach on BuildersRefuge (a server which we can look up to in this matter, as it has, hands down, the highest standards in the world when it comes to build contests), although they have somewhat different categories.

Similarly, whether a plot looks finished or not is subjective as well. Because if you both feel like most of the top 10 looks unfinished then apparently we have different definitions of 'finished'. A plot doesn't have to be crammed and every nook and cranny filled to be considered finished. I guess that's a matter of style. I can tell you that I considered my plot to be finished, even though you could argue it looks somewhat rushed (I'll grant you that). I can't speak for the others, but to say more than half of them look unfinished - man I just couldn't disagree more. It's also a bit disrespectful to the judges imo.