1. Join our server at MC.SHADOWKINGDOM.ORG!
    Dismiss Notice

Daphsquid Murder Mystery | Chapter 1, 2

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by FNPlayz, Oct 31, 2018.

1. FNPlayz

FNPlayz Member

Chapter 1
    “Ugh, I hate storms,” she announced to the gloomy sky.
    The shadows danced in the moonlight as Pastel approached the mansion; while she continued towards the entrance of the grand building, she passed great pine trees of varying heights, an old, crooked bench and a decent fountain occupied by little fish. She proceeded to step into a puddle and scowled, “Aw come on, my socks!”
    With more cautious steps, Pastel made her way to the door, inhaled and knocked. After what seemed like a minute she tried again; it was indeed a huge mansion but surely it wouldn’t take that long to reach the front door. She knocked again, this time a lot harder: perhaps they didn’t hear her. She reached into her pocket for her phone, checked previous texts and typed, “Just because I’m late doesn’t mean you shouldn’t let me in!” Still no response, she yelled this time, “Hey, guys! Can I come in? I don’t want even wetter socks!” She waited, “Hmph, a prank, just because I’m new. I’ll have to find another way in.”
    Pastel made her way around a quarter of the mansion, “This place is enormous,” she thought to herself as she skimmed the house with her eyes in search of an entrance. An open window - perfect. Pastel found a drainpipe on the side of the building and made her way towards it; she tried getting a good grip on it and pulling herself up but the pipe wasn’t particularly stable. It was her only chance. Pastel wasn’t much of a sporty person so this was pretty extreme for her but she continued. She made her way up and took a pause to rest. She took a few deep breaths and suddenly the pipe started to break away from the wall. Pastel stuck to the pipe in panic until her mind wrapped itself around the situation. She heaved herself up as much as possible and the pipe began tilting away from the wall. In a flash, she made a jump and gripped onto the nearest window ledge, the drainpipe dropped to the ground.
    The crash of the pipe startled Pastel and she lost her hold on the ledge with one hand. She dangled helplessly from it and gathered up the rest of her strength to focus it on this one task. With her free hand, she pushed the window enough for her to fit through, she grabbed onto the ledge and lifted her leg up. With her arms and leg, Pastel pulled her body up and through the window, into a familiar room…

“Huh, FN’s kitchen,” she whispered, “It’s so cold.” She turned her head to see the refrigerator open, walked up to it and gave the door a light push. The silence was broken as Roe rushed into the room, “Pastel! When did you get here?”
    “Sorry, I’m late”
    “No need to apologise, we’ve got a bigger problem on our hands,” she said quickly, panicking. “D-daph, uh, Daph is dead…”

Chapter 2

“GWBz,” Pastel muttered as she scanned the room. Everyone was gossiping in their little groups around the dining room, each face with a different expression: tense, panicked, fearful, confused. Instinctively, Pastel traveled to the nearest group to cheer things up and learn what she could.
    Pastel cleared her throat, “Hey.”
    “Pastel!” Ice greeted Pastel with a warm hug.
    Roe stood and listened.
    “Have you heard about-” Ice asked in a weak voice.
    “I have,” Pastel confirmed.
    “Do you think we're in danger? Could we be next? What if the killer is in this room with us?” Ice continued.
    “Don’t worry, we'll be fine,” Pastel assured her.
    Ice gave her a weary smile.
    “I better go check up on the others,” Pastel said and Ice gave a nod.

Pastel approached GWB and Fira.
    “Where were you?” asked Fira.
    Pastel answered with, “Late.”
    “You missed a lot,” GWB mentioned.
    “I know,” said Pastel.
    Fira sighed.
    “Any idea how it could have happened?” Pastel continued.
    “I bet it was Matt,” Fira replied.
    “Hmm.”
    Pastel headed over to Fira’s suspect where he was discussing the situation with Pile.
    “So, how are you two holding up?” Pastel grimaced.
    Pile looked worried. “I just hope that I can return to my kids. I send memes complaining about them a lot, but if I can’t see them again, I-” her voice broke.
    “Don’t worry, we’ll figure this out,” assured Pastel, but she couldn’t even convince herself.
    “Meeeeemeees,” whispered Matt. “Meeeemememmeesss.”
    “Not helping, Matt” Pastel warned.
    “Whatever, loseerrrrr, best to get rid of Daph’s gayness for Lana Del Rey.”
    “Uh, right, okay…” Pastel left Matt to whatever he was doing.
    She noticed JST sitting at the head of the dining table, just looking melancholy. When she walked quietly around the table, she could see that he was spinning a 3D model of the SK spawn around on his phone, just watching it. It seemed best to just leave him alone.
    Next, she hurried over to where Link, Sh1m, and Styx were debating what she believed was science stuff.
    “But in order to read that information, the strands have to be separated,” Pastel heard Sh1m say.
    “So that, for example, proteins like RNA polymerase can get access to the strand.” Link finished.
    Styx burst out laughing.
    Pastel cleared her throat to capture their attention.
    “So, I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but is it safe to assume that this is some sort of coping mechanism?” she inquired.
    “So, uh, remember that meme about Daenerys Targaryen? With the RNA and the DNA? Let me find it on my phone…” Styx furiously started swiping through his pictures. She caught a glimpse of a discord DM from someone, that read “What happened?” and included something about a missed discord call.
    “...Right. Well. I’ll leave you three to your scientific memes and disputes then,” Pastel replied, and left them to register what had happened.

Just then, she felt her phone vibrate soon all the phones in the rooms started buzzing. She heard only one phone make a sound, presumably because everyone else had their phones set to vibrate. Someone shouted, “What even is that ringtone?”
    Matt, probably.

#1 FNPlayz, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 9:34 PM
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. pastelnarwhal

pastelnarwhal Staff Member
    Assistant

I’m so cool

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FNPlayz

FNPlayz Member

You're the coolest :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. FNPlayz

FNPlayz Member

/p v FNPlayz 6
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator
    Administrator

Interesting story!

The only complaint I have, is that it actually would get warmer, if you leave the door of a refrigerator open. All they do is to transport thermal energy from the inside (where the food is) to the outside, which requires additional energy (e.g. electricity). So it would actually warm the room up. :p

On second thought, any decent refrigerator probably stops working if don't close the door.

Obviously, this matter is more important than Daph being dead. :D

#5 sh2mrr5, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. FNPlayz

FNPlayz Member

Clearly

EDIT: It doesn't actually say the cold was coming from the refrigerator though

#6 FNPlayz, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  7. violet

violet System Administrator

it was matt in the dining room with a candlestick and a steak. Yes, the moo moo kind of steak.

8. pastelnarwhal

pastelnarwhal Staff Member
    Assistant

Idk how to expand on that joke because while I have played the original game, it was only a few times, but I can’t remember that much as I do own the SpongeBob version cuz I really liked the show but now all it’s details are drowning out the ones from the original game. Might I add that the game was actually centered around someone stealing SpongeBob’s jellyfishing net and it was who, where, and when, so no murder. The thing I really want to share was that SpongeBob could steal his own net so idk if that was him lying about it or what.

9. FNPlayz

FNPlayz Member

Chapter 2 out tomorrow hopefully

• Like Like x 1
  10. FNPlayz

FNPlayz Member

CHAPTER 2 IS OUT

• Creative Creative x 2
  11. Fira

Fira Manager & System Administrator
    Manager

Im deceased. EVERYTHING IS MATTS FAULT.