Accepted FaddyManatee | Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Application Archive' started by FaddyManatee, Nov 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaddyManatee

FaddyManatee Staff Member
    Assistant

Your current IGN:
    FaddyManatee

What is your discord name including the # and numbers?

FaddyManatee#7191

How old are you?

What timezone do you live in?

I live in the UK and the time zone is currently GMT+0.

What server do you play the most on Shadow Kingdom?
    I definitely play on towny a lot more than creative since I really enjoy the survival multiplayer experience and the community there. I join creative sometimes to explore the recent build submissions and top builds of the week or even to work on my plot I am aiming to submit by the end of the year. Admittedly, I would play more on creative if newer blocks were made compatible with the plugins the server uses.

How active can you be on Shadow Kingdom?

I would say I have established myself as a very active member on SK. You can find me in-game often since SK is the only Minecraft server I play on, nor do I play many other games. I usually spend 2-4 hours daily on the server during the weekdays and during the weekend, I can play for a few hours longer, pushing 3-5 hours since I am not in school. However, these hours may vary slightly depending on how much homework I must complete. Apart from in-game, I like to check out the recent activity on the forums as well as the Discord server regularly since I like to get involved and see what the community is up to.

Do you have any past experience as staff? Do you still work there? If not, why did you leave?
    (Please be as honest as possible in this section.)

Unfortunately, I have not had any experience as staff before and I hope this will not discredit my application. Despite this, I still believe that I have qualities that would make me a suitable choice for the staff team.

Why do you want to be a staff member on SK? Why should we pick you instead of other players who apply?

Having joined SK during the first iteration of towny and have played on each consecutive version ever since, I have gotten to learn a great deal about how the community interacts and functions, as well as the plugins the server uses, allowing me to assist countless of players who were not sure on what commands or features are to be used to get certain things done. Because of this experience and my readiness to help others is in my nature, I believe that I would be a suitable candidate for the staff team. I would also brand myself as a particularly fast learner, so anything that I need to learn about being staff due to my lack of experience, I will likely pick up very quickly. I am always kind, respectful towards others and I love to work together with others in a group which I think are important qualities to have on a staff team. These qualities as well as my good patience makes me feel like I can handle certain situations well, such as when players are spamming messages in chat or even insulting other players in a heated argument, I feel like I can put my foot down where necessary. The reason why I am applying for staff today is because I believe that I have the potential to help out the community more and I would love to help out further in any way possible. Whether it be to moderate the server chat, assisting players or even troubleshooting issues they may discover (and reporting the issue to a higher up if out of my reach), I feel more than capable of doing so.

If you could change one thing about the server, what would it be?

(OPTIONAL QUESTION)

I would suggest making the tutorial room location more obvious to new players when they join as I think it is quite hidden where it currently is. When a player joins, one of the first things that they will see is the text “Use /rtp to begin your journey!” so it seems reasonable that they will rtp into the main world to begin playing straight away without checking out the spawn and tutorial room first. Even wandering around spawn for a short while, they can still miss it since it may not be obvious that the quartz blocks act as elevators to new players. I think making its location more obvious or suggesting a new player to warp there when they join would help them to get a good taste of what the server is about and what plugins can be used to extend their survival experience. Perhaps this might give them more incentive to play and allow them to start their towny journey perhaps being less confused.

Additional comments:

- I have never been banned, warned, or muted.
    - Thank you for spending the time to read my application!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Rubyo3000

Rubyo3000 Administrator
    Administrator System Administrator

Hey FaddyManatee,

Thank you for applying, your application looks very promising! However we recently got a few new members in the team, so we would like to keep the application open for now.

Best of luck!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Daphsquid

Daphsquid Retired Staff

I like this app

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. sgttiger

sgttiger Well-Known Member

so ominous. :eek:o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. sh2mrr5