Forums Sixty Day Rule

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Faize, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Faize

Faize Well-Known Member

Hey y'all so I been meaning to make this suggestion for a while and I have finally stopped procrastinating.
    The rule I am about to discuss is this one:
    upload_2019-1-25_23-20-23.png
    To start off I am not criticizing this rule, I understand the reason for its implementation I just find the way it is applied to be kind of strange. When you do say something in a thread older than sixty days the thread will be locked and you will receive a warning message like this
    upload_2019-1-25_23-26-40.png
    And this happens all the time with new players because if you don't read the forum rules in the beginning (like me lol) you go onto a bunch of old threads and get whammed by that thread lock. I feel that it would be much easier if threads older than sixty days were just automatically locked (I have no clue how this would be implemented I ain't no technowizard). I feel like this would just be a lot easier for everyone, new players on the forums wouldn't get a bunch of easily avoided warnings and staff wouldn't have to constantly put pretty much the same msg and lock the threads manually. If the thread is going to be locked as soon as someone says something in it (implying that it is for viewing only at this point) then why even allow people to talk, why not just lock the thread from the beginning as it would pretty much serve the same purpose. Of course there would be some way to appeal/unlock it like the owner of the thread can still unlock it and maybe instead of the staff message there could just be a bigger version of this:
    upload_2019-1-25_23-33-6.png
    That says something like "Old Thread, Not Open for further Replies, if you disagree with this action please contact an administrator".

I don't really know if any of you have experienced this happening to you but I think that if this rule were removed and something similar to the new automated system that I mentioned the rule itself could just be deleted as people wouldn't be able to post on 60+ threads anyways.
    Anyways, that's just my opinion and a suggestion from me

-Faize

Attached Files:

2. FNPlayz

FNPlayz Staff Member
    Assistant

They should just autolock the threads that are older than 60 days.

3. Faize

Faize Well-Known Member

@FNPlayz yeah that's what I was trying to say lol

4. pastelnarwhal

pastelnarwhal Moderator

This sounds like an interesting idea, I’ll see if we can do anything with it (you’re welcome for saving this thread)