Hcky's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by hckyplaya2, Jun 12, 2019.

1. hckyplaya2

hckyplaya2 Member

Your current IGN:
    Hckyplaya2

What is your discord name including the # and numbers?

Hcky#9064

How old are you?

16 (Although on the forums I entered in the wrong birth year as I have just realized)

What timezone do you live in?

EST

What server do you play the most on Shadow Kingdom?

Creative - Over 510 Hours

How active can you be on Shadow Kingdom?

In the summer I can typically be on everyday for 5-7 hours, however, I do have a few obligations such as family vacations and summer camps that may prohibit me from reaching this time but I will still attempt to join everyday for at least an hour during those weeks. In the school year I will be busier but I will still be on everyday for 2-3 hours.

Do you have any past experience as staff? Do you still work there? If not, why did you leave?
    (Please be as honest as possible in this section.)

I have long history of previous staff experience on other servers, including two of my own, TKPCraft and Cryptic-MC where I learned the in's and out's of staffing, advertising, plugin management and other aspects of operating a server. I don't work there anymore as I lacked sufficient funding to keep those servers running, and although there wasn't a huge player base I believe it formed a close-knit community where I got to know each and every player, something that I strive to do my best with everyday on SK. I've been playing minecraft for 7 years at this point and while I may not remember some staffing experiences, I do remember some including:

Razer Legions: Mod-> Admin -> Owner : I don't work there as the server shut down last December due to owner neglect
    Zombie Cookies: Helper: I don't work there anymore as the server went down in 2014, and this was one of my earliest memorable staffing experiences
    Cow Craft: Admin: I don't work there anymore as this was also a sever that went down early in 2015 due to insufficient funding and it was my best friends server

Why do you want to be a staff member on SK? Why should we pick you instead of other players who apply? I want to be a staff member on SK because I truly want to help my fellow players. I am on practically all day everyday and I attempt to do my best on creative and towny of helping point newcomers in the right direction and answer questions such as, "How does my plot look?" and "Why can't I use /up?". I have noticed that during the day there are periods of time in which no staff are active and there are many players that join and abuse the rules of the chat as well which is something that I actively work on trying to stop, however, due to the fact that I do not have a "Staff" role next to my name they don't always listen.

The answer to why you should pick me over other players that apply comes down to three important reasons. One of them being I know SK in and out, and I know how to help practically everyone. The first reason is that becoming staff isn't about the title, it's about helping, but if you aren't knowledgeable on the question a player is asking then you won't be of any assistance or help. I have over 520 hours on creative and I have reached the Paladin rank on towny, showing that I know how these servers run and the rules that guide them. I've been playing on SK since last summer, and it has been the server that I have played on most in my minecraft experience, including my own servers. I truly love and appreciate SK and would do anything to help; that is the reason I'm applying for this rank.

The second reason is because I know how to help many players which is the whole goal of this rank. I believe that I have an extensive knowledge in both creative and towny and can answer any question anyone throws at me, including the trickiest questions asked by the most experienced of players. I know I may sound self-centered by saying this, however, as I've realized writing this application, there hasn't been a time in the past where a player has asked me a question I don't know the answer to. During future occasions when I may not know the answer, however, I am knowledgeable enough to know where to look.

The third reason, which is very important for staffing anything in life, is my character. Throughout my life I have been a team-player, as my name implies, playing hockey at high levels. This has taught me how to work with people on a team and how to carry out stressful situations while maintaining my cool and collected personality. My teachers and coaches have also complimented my work-ethic frequently as I never quit to accomplish a task, no matter the difficulty, until I find a solution or hurt myself trying. I am also a great student and I understand the value of preparation and focus, as I have maintained all A's for the past 5 years and I am in all advanced classes.

Being staff, however, isn't about me or my popularity, but rather the server and community as a whole.I strive to assist players and that is seen through my frequent random act's of kindness and helping gesture's, and with this staff rank I can continue to serve SK in the most efficient and beneficial way possible.

If you could change one thing about the server, what would it be?
    (OPTIONAL QUESTION)

There is not much that I would like to change about this server as I think it is great as is, however, there is still, like everything, room for improvement. I feel that creative could use some revamp and excitement, which is something I hope to bring if I do eventually become staff, as I listed in my previous forum post. I believe if I could change one thing about this server it would also be to have more staff available during the day when the server needs it most as some players join and try to wreck the community, frequently insulting fellow players and trying to hurt SK in every-way they can.

Additional comments:

Thank you for taking time out of your day to read my lengthy, and hopefully not too self-centered, application! :)

#1 hckyplaya2, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1