Idea for new rank names for towny and creative

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by apc518, Aug 23, 2017.

?

Would you like to see these rank names implemented? (read the whole post before voting!)

1. Yes

40.0%
  2. Unsure

30.0%
  3. No

30.0%
  1. apc518

apc518 New Member

First of all, I want to make clear that I am not upset with the current names. This is just an idea I had, which I thought would be a good idea to share.

This is all, of course, assuming you can alter specific parts of existing player data en masse. Unless you wanted to do it individually for all 7000+ players...

Towny

The current rank names for towny somewhat resemble the medieval hierarchy, but several of them do not, such as "Guardian" and "Warrior". In addition, some of them, to me, seem to be out of order, such as "warrior" and "baron", or "monarch" and "conqueror". I propose this naming system which more closely resembles feudal ranks, and is therefore more uniform and cohesive (except for the last two ranks):

Serf or Peasant (peasant might be a bit demeaning)
    Squire
    Knight
    Lord (this could be exchanged for Vassal. Even though knight and vassal are the same rank in the feudal system, the current ranks have monarch and conqueror, which are equal in the real world as well, and Vassal is a more exotic sounding name in my opinion)
    Baron
    Duke
    Count
    Monarch
    Legend
    Titan

An alternative could be:

Squire
    Knight
    Vassal
    Lord
    Baron
    Duke
    Monarch
    Emperor (since emperor's typically controlled a bigger nationstate, as opposed to a monarch's citystate)
    Legend
    Titan

Legend and Titan might also be switched, depending on whether we are thinking greek or roman.

These new ideas have 10 ranks, just as the current system for non-staff ranks does.

Creative

The creative ranks are fine, except I've seen them on a lot of other servers, so I thought of this to be more unique. The idea with these is "your builds are ____" or "your building skill is _____". Adventurer is the default and hasn't built anything yet, which is why it doesn't fit the format.

Adventurer
    Hobbitlike
    Human
    Dwarven
    Elven
    Maiar (The Maia are spirits who were created at the beginning of time, and can take the form of any being in the physical realm, but do not do so very often. If they are killed in their physical form, their true being is not harmed)

An alternative to "Maiar" could just be "Masterful", since most people don't know what the Maia are in the LOTR universe.

This is 6 total ranks, just as the current creative ranks are.

~~~

Again, all of this is just ideas, I'm not upset with the current ranks or anything.

Thanks for reading all the way through! :)

2. Mirass

Mirass Moderator

the creative ranks dont really work whatsoever tbh lol

3. Kayoz

Kayoz Server Owner
    Server Owner

Hey great suggestion. Whilst I don't see an issue with the Creative ranks currently, I see where you're coming from in terms of uniqueness.

I don't really see us changing the ranks up much on towns, as this would likely upset the current system we have set up. However i'lol be sure to keep your suggestion in mind :)

Thankyou for the feedback

4. DefiantTrekk

DefiantTrekk Moderator

I like the towny titles :)

5. RYTY

RYTY Member

i don't think it would make much sense to change the creative ranks to be lord of the rings themed the server is not locked on any specific theme there are some people building castles and others building star crafts
    so i think the creative ranks are a no