Denied InfectedSquirrel's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Application Archive' started by InfectedSquirrel, Jan 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InfectedSquirrel

InfectedSquirrel Well-Known Member

Your current IGN:
    InfectedSquirrel

What is your discord name including the # and numbers?
    InfectedSquirrel#4814

How old are you?

What timezone do you live in?
    CET/CEST

What server do you play the most on Shadow Kingdom?
    Creative

How active can you be on Shadow Kingdom?
    Roughly 2 hours a day, mostly sometime during 12-22 CET/CEST

Do you have any past experience as staff? Do you still work there? If not, why did you leave?
    (Please be as honest as possible in this section.)
    I've been moderator/owner of a few smaller (like really small, 10-50 people) communities in discord, that's it really if we are strictly talking online situations. They are not active enough to really call it moderating however.

Why do you want to be a staff member on SK? Why should we pick you instead of other players who apply?
    I have a decent grasp on how the server works at this point, also managed to learn a bit about towny. I love the idea of an open server where people can come and hang out and learn from each others creativity. I've been on multiple similar servers before, but this one really caught me with the amazing people I got to meet. I really want the server to continue in this amazing trajectory which is why I'm now doubling down on my emotional investment by applying for staff.
    I unfortunately don't know a lot about plugins and coding, although I'm serious when I say that I would love to learn. Will try to help with anything you want me to, I have realized that I'm a quick learner when it comes to logic stuff, so why not give it a try eh?
    Why pick me then? Well I like trying to bring new players who join in to the community. I love sharing knowledge without elitism. I have an understanding and respect of rules and procedures, and believe that portraying those to others is a skill that I can master.

If you could change one thing about the server, what would it be?
    I would love to make the servers building tools more accessible to the playerbase on all levels. I've started making basic tutorials already but would love to make better and more ones. I really do believe that making worldedit more easy to understand and have our own tutorials on all of the plugins, would be the single best way to make new players stay, and then with the more advanced ones, learn and thrive.

Additional comments:
    I feel like this is the time to apply since right now the staff team is made up entirely of people I have actually conversed with before, which makes me believe you at least know a bit of who I am already.
    Hmu if you would like to talk something over, ask anything or resolve any issues.
    With love, Squirrel

2. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator
    Administrator System Administrator

Hey InfectedSquirrel,

Thanks a lot for applying. We have decided to keep your application open for a few weeks longer before we make a final decision (just so that you are aware).

Cheers,

sh2mrr5

3. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator
    Administrator System Administrator

Hey InfectedSquirrel,

Thank you for taking your time to apply for staff on Shadow Kingdom. Unfortunately, we can only accept a small number of applications, so we have decided to deny your application this time. Please feel free to apply again in the future.

Best of luck!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.