1. Join our server at MC.SHADOWKINGDOM.ORG!
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing: Shadow Kingdom Creative v3.0 - Coming March 2nd

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Link_Targaryen, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Link_Targaryen

Link_Targaryen Manager & System Administrator
    Manager

[​IMG]
    Hello Players,

It has been widely known that our Creative server has needed a clean refresh for a long time now. Creative 2.0 was very much a continuation of Creative 1.0; as a result, many features of the server have gotten stale over its 3-year lifetime. Today we are introducing Creative v3.1.0—a completely new approach to Shadow Kingdom Creative. Creative v3.1.0 is more than just a reset of the current Creative server; every small detail has been planned out, reworked, and/or improved upon over the course of many months, as you shall see when it releases March 2nd, 2018.

Major Additions/Changes
    [​IMG]
    Our main goal for Creative v3.1.0 has been to make the server as enjoyable as possible for any type of Creative player, whether you're a builder, role-player, or just here to have a good time and converse with like-minded individuals. The server is jam-packed with many new building tools for you build-savvy architects, such as WorldEdit, VoxelSniper, and many all-new building tools never seen on Shadow Kingdom before, such as goBrush and nextColors (tutorials for these tools will be posted on our forums, thanks to @Kayoz).
    Upon joining the server for the first time, you will find yourself in the (Small)Plots world, appropriately renamed "Plots." These plots are anything but small, though. Measuring in at 101 x 101 blocks, these plots are truly massive, perfect for any type of creative creations. After ranking up twice, you will find yourself in the LargePlots world, with familiar 215 x 215 plots. Finally, after ranking up a third time, you gain access to Advanced Freebuild (previously known as Arch World on Creative 2.0). There are two Advanced Freebuild worlds: Advanced Flat and Advanced Natural.

Ranks
    [​IMG]
    Creative v3.1.0 will be maintaining the ranking ladder from Creative v1.0 and v2.0 because we have spent the past 3 years refining and establishing our building standards for these ranks, so it would only make sense to retain that, for the sake of consistency. Building ranks that players have earned, however, will have to be reset. We have thought long and hard about this decision, and the staff team have all agreed that this change is required. Our building standards over the past 3-year period has changed quite a bit. Someone who achieved Engineer in 2015, for example, would not have been held to the same standard of building as a more current player applying for the same rank. Now that we have established our building standards to a consistent state, it would only make sense that we start everyone on a clean, consistent slate.

Economy
    [​IMG]
    Let's all face it, Creative v2.0's economy was essentially useless, apart from setting warps. Because of this, we're extremely happy to announce that Creative v3.1.0 will be the first Shadow Kingdom server to feature our custom currency named "SKoin." SKoins are a unique, fun, and valuable currency, which can be spent using our custom SKoin Shop. Players can earn SKoins by voting for the server, winning contests and events, and even for just spending time on the server. Each vote for the server will earn you 2 SKoins, plus every hour you spend on the server will reward you with a free SKoin. All possible SKoin purchases will be available in the SKoin shop. Some SKoin Shop packages will consist of Chat/Sign Colors, goBrush Access, Builder Utilities/Banner Maker, and Server Warps.

What about builds on the current server?
    Now, you may be wondering what we're doing about Creative v2.0 and Museum server builds. It has been unanimously agreed among our team that we will not be transferring builds from Creative v2.0 to Creative v3.1.0, with the exception of example builds, spawns, and other structures we will be using as official server or "important" builds. But don't worry, your builds will not be lost! Lasting for four entire months after the release of Creative v3.1.0, we will leave Creative 2.0 and the Museum server open, in archive mode. This means that, until July 2nd, anyone is free to join one of those servers and explore and download builds at any time. Building will not be possible during this time, however. All players will have the ability to download any plots, freebuild builds, or private worlds during this time. A tutorial explaining how this will be done will be released separately.

List of Worlds on Creative v3.1.0
    • Plots — 101x101 plotworld available at default rank.
    • Largeplots — 215x215 plotworld available at Engineer rank.
    • Freebuild — large, flat freebuild world available at default rank.
    • Advanced Flat — large, flat freebuild world available at Architect rank.
    • Advanced Natural — large, natural freebuild world available at Architect rank.
    • Contest — a plotworld specifically created for whatever event or contest is held at the time.
    Miscellaneous changes and features:
    - Added a Dynmap, accessible to everyone at map.shadowkingdom.org
    - All-new rankup system, thanks to our developer JustMatt
    - Reworked all donator rank perks and rewards
    - Plots are now only 32 blocks deep for taller building!
    - Extremely stable and optimized gameplay - No lag should be noticed!
    - Natural Freebuild world removed due to performance improvements
    - Better documentation/tutorials and custom /help command
    - Contest plot world will be used for regular building competitions
    - Reworked informational scoreboard (toggleable with /board)
    - All-new plotworld spawns
    - Simplified, yet advanced server setup
    - Increased sethome limitations for building ranks
    - Removed the Creative Hub in light of simplicity
    - Many more for you to discover!

Comparison of in-game view versus one setting on Dynmap
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Credits (alphabetical order):
    - @Daphsquid — Project leader, plugin setup, feature planning and advising.
    - @Fira — Feature planning and advising.
    - @JST — Spawn building, feature planning and advising.
    - @Kayoz — Server tutorials, bug testing, feature planning and advising.
    - @Link_Targaryen — Feature planning and advising, contest planning.
    - @Mirass — Server inspiration, heavy feature planning and advising.
    - @Riddeh — Spawn building.
    - @Ultrabrain — Spawn building, feature planning and advising.

Thank you,
    - Creative v3.1.0 Team

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Daphsquid

Daphsquid Server Owner
    Server Owner

Very excited for Creative 3.0! We've worked many months on this server, and I hope everyone likes it!

3. Unendinq

Unendinq Member

Would it be possible for Creative 2.0 to be archived forever? I know that will likely take some space but I think it will be worth it as players can reminisce about old builds and have the objects they worked hard on immortalized. Also have ranks permanent on that separate server. It is a bit extra, but I think it will be a good reward to those who have spent a lot of time on their builds and would want all to see them.

4. Shade

Shade Member

@Link_Targaryen regarding the creative 2.0 being deleted or whatever would we still be able to continue our plot builds? For example I have been working on the same build on and off for like a year lmao and I dont want to have to restart all over again. So I was just wondering if there would be some sort of feature that would allow us to copy our previous plot builds to the new plots. Because the structure of my build (its an inn) is pretty much finished I just need to work on the interior and some terraining and it would really suck if I had to start over.

Also my username is Shadow_Craft btw and my plot build is an inn

5. Link_Targaryen

Link_Targaryen Manager & System Administrator
    Manager

@Unendinq unfortunately we cannot keep Creative 2.0 archived forever. We simply do not have the resources to keep an extra server open, especially if people will not be able to do anything on it. @Shade once Creative 3.0 opens, Creative 2.0 will go into archive mode. This means that no one will be able to build, but people can download their builds or worlds to see or finish in singleplayer mode. We apologize for the inconvenience we know this will cause to nearly every builder on Creative 2.0, but we can assure you it will be worth it in the long run.

6. Abuilder

Abuilder Member

I look forward to playing this new iteration!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Daphsquid

Daphsquid Server Owner
    Server Owner

I’ve missed you a lot. Glad to see you returning! <3

8. Kayoz

Kayoz Daph's Baby Boy

I am so super excited for this to release <3 Really looking forward to the fresh start

9. michaelthebe

michaelthebe Member

I mean, I don't even play creative but this looks really exciting! may go give it a try.

10. Unendinq

Unendinq Member

That was what I figured would be the main issue with that idea. I completely understand why you wouldn't want to allocate all that data to what is essentially a dead server. The idea came to my mind because another server I used to play on awhile back archived their creative when it reset

11. Carp3Noct3m

Carp3Noct3m Member

Well this is going to suck for me..I am not even close to being finished on mine in freebuild. I mean its not like I have WE to speed things up like all the other plots ect have..yes im whining if you see what i have been working on then you would understand..

12. Icedragon392

Icedragon392 Member

Well, if you were working on a build, at least now you can re-create it and you also know what to do to speed things up and what not to do. Not to mention more details and finishing touches you can add as you go along improving it!

13. Fira

Fira Staff & Community Manager
    Manager

The only reason daph said march 2nd was to make me have more mental breakdowns over builds. Im joking lol this gonna awesome.

• Agree Agree x 2