1. Join our server at MC.SHADOWKINGDOM.ORG!
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted MagnaPhi's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Application Archive' started by MagnaPhi, Mar 10, 2018.

1. MagnaPhi

MagnaPhi Staff Member
    Assistant

Your current IGN:
    MagnaPhi

What is your discord name including the # and numbers?

MagnaPhi#1920

How old are you?

I'm 26.

What timezone do you live in?

Eastern Standard Time.

What server do you play the most on Shadow Kingdom?

Towny. I'm sorry, I unfortunately do not like the other servers.

Have you donated to the server before?
    Yes, I've donated and continuing to donate.

How active can you be on Shadow Kingdom?

My job is very important to me, so to be as informative as I can be, my schedule starts from Saturdays to Fridays. I work a minimum of 40 hours per week and my shifts are no longer than 8 hours long per 5 days a week. (This does not include for holiday seasons as my work can require me to stay longer) So due to no availability issues for my place of employment, I can be scheduled from as early as 6am to 3pm or to as late as 3pm to 12am, or anywhere in between. My days off can also be different however as of late, I have been off every Saturday for close to 3-4 months now and my 2nd day off was changed from Thursday to Mondays. These days/times may change however I can always provide my work schedule. - I can provide my whole days off to the server from wake to sleep, given no real-life interrupts occur. On days I work mornings, I will be online after work. Days I work late, I will be online before work. Mid-shifts will be split, so long I do not over sleep before going into work for the afternoon.

Do you have any past experience as staff? Do you still work there? If not, why did you leave?
    (Please be as honest as possible in this section. Lots of past experience is something we consider to be a good thing.)

I will say no to this question. I have applied to staff and was accepted for a 'helper' position on an old server that no long is active. I was never given the chance to actually make a difference to the server since the owner no longer found interest with minecraft thus closing the server down shortly after I was told of being accepted. I also attempted to create my own server and, in the end, it was a very stupid decision. A friend of mine helped me set it up, basically he did all the setup for me. Then on my own and overwhelmed with learning the back end, I ended up corrupting my own world, due to not having a full understanding on how Pex files work. I cried for a whole week since I paid host that couldn't do anything to help me fix the error without having to clean slate it. It was just a very stupid decision I made because I only wanted to remake a happier part of my life where it wasn't so broken.

Why do you want to be a staff member on SK? Why should we pick you instead of other players who apply?

I have this fear within myself that I can't do anything right. My confidence belittles me from actually doing any real work within my life. I'm hoping the more I open myself up to people it will help me become a better manager at my place of employment and a future business owner of my own Photography & Graphics Designs. I hope that becoming staff will remove the fear I have for myself. Choosing me would benefit for all players as I have a very meticulous and detail orientated work output when it comes to text documents as well as conversating with people pertaining topics. Such as, but not limited to, understanding rules and guidelines or like my job at work, information on technologies and editing programs.

If you could change one thing about the server, what would it be?
    (OPTIONAL QUESTION)

Addition of Stackable Mobs plugin. I enjoyed this plugin and saw a good amount of less lag difference however even though mobs would be stacked it doesn't help with lag spikes such as from grinders where you are spam killing with a weapon. Also, Questing. I'm an RPG fan but questing can be a great way to provide small items or even large rewards so long they are done correctly.

Additional comments:

Thank you very much for the time given reading my application. I've been questioning whether I should do this or not and I'm very happy with myself that I made the choice to write this. I'm sorry for it being very wordy, as I have to explain things thoroughly to avoid miscommunication as it upsets me when I cannot be understood properly. Thank you again.

#1 MagnaPhi, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Icedragon392

Icedragon392 Staff Member
    Assistant

Go Magna!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. sh1mrr4

sh1mrr4 Moderator

Regardless of the outcome of this application, from what I have seen you are a great person, don't let anyone convince you otherwise!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Okas_Ls_13

Okas_Ls_13 Member

Good luck Magna

5. ryanrocks07

ryanrocks07 Member

Best Of Luck On Getting Your Staff Position.

~Ryanrocks07

6. Major_Graft

Major_Graft Moderator

Absolutely without doubt the best person on the server to give staff to! It would be a crying shame if Magna wasn't put in charge, like right now! :D joking aside Magna you are the definition of the qualities that all us staff should possess. I think the team can learn from you as much as you can them. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shade

Shade Member

YASSSS i been waiting for magna to apply prbly my first canidate for somone who shood apply u wood be amazin staff

8. Link_Targaryen

Link_Targaryen Manager & System Administrator
    Manager

Congrats on being staff for like a week or two already. Forgot to accept this.

• Friendly Friendly x 1