Towny Major Suggestions 3/3

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Manish1267, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Manish1267

Manish1267 New Member

Major (plugins additions)

1. PvP Arena

1. Majority of the custom enchants are related to PvP however most players don't really PvP much or seek for these PvP enchants. They value survival type of enchants more. Which may be one of the reasons why unopened mythical and legendary enchants are sold rather than used, as the chance of something to get “good” is rare. Something like this plugin could change that.

2. https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/...kit-editor-gui-best-of-rounds-and-more.46906/

3. With this plugin, players can pvp each other for practice (with predefined kits), play ranked games (where players compete for the best record/elo), and practice pvping with a pvp bot. That plugin also lets other players spectate (would make sense to only spectate ranked games).

4. This would give players something to do other than jobs and “grind” in something else.

5. Bad thing is I don't think that plugin allows players to bring their own gear. And it seems there aren’t going to be any more updates to it. The dev was selling the source code for it but I don't see that stated on the page anymore but there is the developer api available if that means anything. If the plugin does cause lag, it could be placed on another server so it won't affect the towny server. and then the chats can be linked up with bungee chat or whatever.
    2. Resource Pack

1. I think a resource pack would be really cool since it's pretty hard for a server to differentiate or stand out with the limitations of non-modded minecraft servers.

2. With a custom resource pack you can make custom looking tools, armor, cosmetics. Tools and armor that can play off the enchantments. So super rare items with unique custom enchantments could have super cool textures (such as tokenshop tools). And cosmetics (hats, pets) that you can sell on the store without relying on stuff that affects the players experience *cough buying ingame money cough*.

3. Different looking menus and icons can also be achieved by this.

4. I thought increased loading times of logging into the server would be annoying, but with my experience with other servers, you get used to it. I guess the loading time depends on how much stuff is added in the pack.

5. Oh and emojis could be a thing, similar to how you use em in discord
    3. Jobs/Money/Economy?

1. I haven’t really done or thought much about the economy on servers but...

2. One issue is that there seems to be a huge discrepancy of what the worth of items are between players. Seems like Cosmos players expect the price to be low while non donator, perhaps new players expect the price to be high for certain items. According to a player who's been here for previous seasons, it’s always been this way?

3. One way to remedy that is to create a bigger market (which I think staff already knows the current market is way too small). One issue I find with a typical chest shop market setup is that it's hard to know which shops have what items without going to every single shop. Therefore a custom plugin can be made like I’ve seen on one particular server. Basically you click on a category, click on a block/item, and it’ll show the different shops who buy/sell that item and for what prices, and then it would teleport them to the shop upon clicking a player. This saves the player going to each chest shop (which can be super laggy for some users) and lets them easily compare the prices! Would be cool if you could add the specific custom items like unopened CE books, the vote crates, black/white scroll, etc.

4. [​IMG]

5. The ability to buy in game money on the store probably isn’t helping the economy (as well as degrading the player experience as mentioned in my post). A patreon rank should be replaced which allows players to support the community and keep it alive. Sh2mrr did say he had trouble coming up with perks that aren’t already taken by current donator ranks. But the players aren’t going to buy this rank due to the perks it offers, they’re going to pay because they can continue to help keep the community they love alive. And if the resource pack gets implemented, you can easily add cosmetics to sweeten the rank. As for now a special prefix in chat (such as a star instead of a $), some of the cosmos perks, and perhaps jobs experience (a lil)/mcmmo experience bonus?

6. One job where players feel like they're being underpaid is the farmer job, specifically when farming crops. As they feel they’re not getting enough for the tiring actions of breaking and replanting crops. For example you get more money and more job exp when shearing sheep compared to breaking wheat. It takes 20 mins (i believe) for wheat to grow while a few mins for a sheep to grow back their wool. With a big enough sheep farm or a sheep spawner, shearing sheeps is superior. So maybe a buff in replantable crops pay is due. Other things I've heard are that the fisherman and hunter jobs pay well. I'm not sure about other jobs.
    4. Coin Flip

1. Fun lil thing to gamble away your money, similar to how the lottery is used. It can get kind of addicted and a money sink is created. Would only broadcast winners that win above a certain amount.

2. Can look at his plugin : https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/coinflipper.33916/
    5. Disguises being able to be purchased from the store. It has been said that the store would get an update, and maybe purchase disguise could be an item on there if it wasn't on the plans already as its purely cosmetics and something players would buy.

• Like Like x 2
  2. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator
    Administrator System Administrator

Thanks for these suggestions as well. I guess this are mostly long term things (aside from economy issues, which could at least be addressed quickly if the need arises). We will certainly keep them in mind, but some things might be not very likely to happen. For example the PvP plugin does look nice, but I would prefer not to install a plugin that isn't supported anymore and doesn't even officially support 1.15, let alone 1.16.

3. Manish1267

Manish1267 New Member

Oh I guess I should've clarified that plugin was more of an example. I've seen similar plugins in the past, I'll try to link them if they're updated

4. Manish1267

Manish1267 New Member