Accepted Mari's staff application

Discussion in 'Staff Application Archive' started by Marijke2382, Nov 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marijke2382

Marijke2382 Staff Member
    Assistant

Before applying for staff, please ensure that you meet all of the Staff Requirements. Any and all applications which do not meet these requirements will be denied by a staff member. Furthermore, please take your time to format your application and make it presentable. Your public image will be taken into account by the staff members who handle applications.
    You may remove these reminders before posting your application.

Your current IGN:

Marijke2382

What is your discord name including the # and numbers?

Marijke2382#0283

How old are you?

I'm 19.

What timezone do you live in?

I live in Belgium were we have two different time zones:
    -Wintertime: UTC+1, Central European Time.
    -Summertime UTC+2, Central European Summer Time.

What server do you play the most on Shadow Kingdom?

This is a hard question for me to answer. I used to play only towny. But the reset on the creative server made me go back to building. At this moment I have a building project on the creative server but I'm also trying to stay active on the towny server.

Hours played so far:
    Creative: 61
    Towny: 431

At this moment I would say I devide my time equally over both servers.

How active can you be on Shadow Kingdom?

I believe I can play 2-3 hours a day. Some days way more, and some days less. This depends on how my classes at school are scheduled.

Do you have any past experience as staff? Do you still work there? If not, why did you leave?
    (Please be as honest as possible in this section.)

I do, I have been a moderator on a factions server for 4 months in 2015. This server went ofline due to financial issues. This server had an active player base from about 100 peope, from wich mostly were about 5-10 online.
    From March 2016 untill September 2018 I was admin on a creative network. I left this server because there weren't any players online most of the time. I missed the social aspect. Although I learned a lot about server management and plugins. Some of my tasks on this server were: Chat moderation, Grief fixing, social media, advertisement on minecraft server lists and minor plugin maintenance.

Why do you want to be a staff member on SK? Why should we pick you instead of other players who apply?

First of all, I love this server. I've never enjoyed a server as much as this one!
    The reason I apply for staff today is that I feel like I could do more. I always try to help people who have questions or issues, and it really gives me a whole lot of satisfaction. I think my patience allows me to handle some situations pretty well. Due to my past experience as minecraft staff and real-life experience as a youth animator at camps and at the local day-care (age 6-16), I think I'm able to solve a lot of discussions.
    Besides that I just enjoy all the social contact. I love reading the discord channels, the server chats and the forum posts.

If you could change one thing about the server, what would it be?
    (OPTIONAL QUESTION)

I think the auction plugin on the towny server could be a bit more interactive.
    At this moment the only items/blocks that are sold in the auction house are vote tokens, enchanted books and other 'rare' items.
    I feel like nearly noone checks it out regulary. This might be fixed by just a message in chat per item that is put up for auction. For example:
    Marijke2382 auctions 32 carrots.
    This way people will see it when there is an item in auction they can use.

Besides that (I don't know if this is possible) but it would be easy if people were able to put up more than 64 items at a time. This way selling bulk will be easy through auction.

Additional comments:

Thank you all for reading, for you time and for being such amazing people.

Kind regards,
    Mari <3

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Rubyo2000

Rubyo2000 Staff Member
    Assistant

Good luck!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. FNPlayz

FNPlayz Moderator

This feature is broken, that's why we can't use it yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ultrabrain

Ultrabrain Well-Known Member

:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Daphsquid

Daphsquid Server Owner
    Server Owner

Welcome to the team!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status: