Museum server suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by Ultrabrain, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultrabrain

Ultrabrain Member

With the addition of a museum server soon, staff has to consider what to do with the current architect world. Will it stay on the normal creative server or will it be moved over to the new museum server. Here are a few reasons for why they should consider both options:

Archworld gets moved:
    - No trouble moving each build individually
    - Easier for the server to handle, as there is no need for an extra flat world to be loaded

Archworld stays and a new flat world will be added to the museum server.
    -The current archworld can become a "draft" world where higher ranked players can still build their more experimental/derpy builds.
    -There can be more supervision on the building standard of the museum server, as less serious builds would still be made in the current archworld.
    -More contact between players on the normal creative and the higher ranked players. This makes stuff like roleplay and social contact in general more enjoyable

I am a huge fan of the second option. I believe the social interaction between all different ranks on creative is one of the things that makes the server so great. I also believe that moving the architectworld would make architects and higher less inspired to build more normal, less impressive builds. As far as I understand it, the museum server is supposed to show the greatest projects the server has to offer. Keeping the current archworld as a draft would remove a lot of performance pressure.

Also, there are a lot of builds in archworld I would NOT like to be in a museum server that shows what the builders are capable of. There's some weird stuff there....

Side suggestion: Is it possible to just add the museum world(s) to the normal creative server? This would keep social interactions between the whole creative community and would still have the same effect, I believe.

Thanks for your consideration. Any feedback is welcome.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Fira

Fira Moderator

Thanks for submiting your ideas! We always appreciate you guys giving your feedback and ideas for all things regarding the server! I love both ideas personally :)

3. Daphsquid

Daphsquid Server Owner
    Server Owner

The only thing I'm nervous about if we don't transfer the world is that we'll have to transfer builds, which will be very time-consuming.

4. Kayoz

Kayoz Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

The old Architect world is now implemented into the Museum server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.