Accepted Noobtabular - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Application Archive' started by Noobtabular, Jul 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noobtabular

Noobtabular Staff Member
    Assistant

Your current IGN:
    Noobtabular

What is your discord name including the # and numbers?

Apolytrosi#9982

How old are you?

What timezone do you live in?

EST (GMT -5)

What server do you play the most on Shadow Kingdom?

Creative

How active can you be on Shadow Kingdom?

Extremely. In my free time, I rarely play other games, and if I'm on another game I usually have MC or Discord open on another monitor. Due to time zone and sleep schedule I am often online during the 'off-times' as well as the busier times.

Do you have any past experience as staff? Do you still work there? If not, why did you leave?
    (Please be as honest as possible in this section.)

I was a moderator and later an administrator on a Minecraft server in about 2011/2012. After this server shut down, I decided to start my own survival server. I ran this server for between 5 to 6 years. During our 'golden period' we would see numbers of up to 35-40 people online during our peak, which is only about half as many as we saw today on Towny V4. I have experience with many of the plugins that are involved on both servers, including PlotSquared, LWC, multiple permissions plugins, CoreProtect, Worldguard, and many others. While my latest production MC server experience was in version 1.9, I recently worked with configurations and commands in 1.15 on a local machine before I found SK. Although I mostly play on the creative server now, I am intimately familiar with most of the plugins that are employed on survival servers and believe I am well equipped to respond to staff requests from both servers. Most importantly, I am able to recognise issues that I am not equipped to handle and will wait for a response from a superior.

Why do you want to be a staff member on SK? Why should we pick you instead of other players who apply?

Shadow Kingdom is absolutely the best server I've ever played on in the past 9 years. The community is so tight knit and everybody knows each other, but are at the same time welcoming to new players and willing to bring them into the community. From the instant I joined, every single person in chat was super welcoming and wanted to show me around the server. I have fallen in love with this community from the start, and I hope I can apply my experience combined with server specific guidance from the dedicated staff team already here to help in any way I can.

Additional comments:

I joined this server relatively recently, but since joining here, Minecraft is the only game I want to play. I love this server and this community to death. If I am accepted as staff I will do everything I can to help staff fulfill their duties. I am already committed to helping new players join the community, learn the setup and landscape of the server, and show them around. This is the best server I have ever been on, and even now I am fully committed to contributing in any way I can.

#1 Noobtabular, Jul 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Reapz

Reapz Member

In my opinion this is one of the best application that i ever red on this Website! Anyways Good Luck!

3. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator
    Administrator System Administrator

Welcome to the team!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.