[Poll] Regarding Skyblock

Discussion in 'Announcements Archive' started by Daphsquid, Jun 9, 2017.

?

What do we do with Skyblock?

1. Reset it, adding new features.

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Scrap it for the Museum server.

36 vote(s)
    90.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daphsquid

Daphsquid Server Owner
    Server Owner

Hello players,

It's been extremely evident that Skyblock is not working out. Skyblock is lucky to have 1 player online at peak times. Something needs to be done, and we want feedback from the community regarding what this change will be. Here are the two options we have right now:

1)
    Reset Skyblock, adding new features and making the server more interactive and enjoyable, in hopes that it will encourage a community to form on it. This option can either go very well or sour again.

2)
    Scrap Skyblock and use the hosting power to open a different server. We have decided on a server that will promote what Shadow Kingdom's original vision was, which is building. This server will be available to all players as a Musem of great builds and places to explore, and open to players who have Architect, Designer, and Master on Creative, to build. Using an entire server for something like this would open up a lot more possibilities and freedom for these players to expand and unleash their full building potential.

Please vote on the poll to voice your opinions, and leave a comment down below with any questions or concerns.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. FireFox

FireFox Member

What about a server that EVERYONE can play on because I do not see in any way why we need an exclusive server that only good builders can build on. I believe it would be quite better to have a server game that everyone can interact on. I believe this only "special people" build server will not grow the server.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Link_Targaryen

Link_Targaryen Administrator
    Administrator

Rest assured, we have plans to that effect.

4. HalcyonFox

HalcyonFox Member

Wasn't Kingdoms just released?... Everyone can play on that :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Fira

Fira Moderator

The idea is to promote what we started out as a building server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TayTayKitty

TayTayKitty New Member

Skyblock was fun at first, but then I got a bit boring. We stopped dying and all we could do was mine. We could build, but we have creative to do that. Then the best players stopped playing, so everyone else quit, and new players want to have a place with other players so they diddn't join. I say remove skyblock. ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. sh1mrr4

sh1mrr4 Member

I don't know what other ideas you have in store to keep skyblock interesting, but I think the very basis for this game mode makes it difficult to encurage any long-term projects/builds. Since the recently started kingdom server does not focus on building that much we might aswell get a new server for that purpose this time. :D (Also the lenght of both descriptions probably already shows in which direction staff would like to go ;))

8. Dennis Sally

Dennis Sally New Member

The museum server sounds like a cool idea but i think it will 100% depend on how its layed out and how its decided whats builds should enter it, for example a new thread and the most upvoted gets added or something like that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Daphsquid

Daphsquid Server Owner
    Server Owner

The server will mainly be used as a free building place with minimal restrictions for high-ranked builders. The reason we're calling it a "Museum" is because the majority of players will only be able to view builds, instead of actually creating any, like a museum.

10. FireFox

FireFox Member

Can there be a redstone area for us redstone builders?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Chitoge

Chitoge Member

"Can there be a redstone area for us redstone builders?" i imagine there would be if it was good enough to be put alongside some of the other stuff that would no doubt go in there.

12. RooseTheMoose

RooseTheMoose Member

I myself think the latter option would be better. you could possibly make sections on that server for different themed builds (e.g. medieval, modern, high fantasy, etc) so players can go there for building inspiration.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Fynnthefine

Fynnthefine Member

I would prefer the new server to be a building based server but I do not like the idea of the "best builders" from creative. I stopped creative because no matter what I was building on it didn't seem good enough, it went from too simple, to too complicated, not enough color to, too many colors and themes,... so I just went to survival. I would most likely not visit a server where I can not build.

14. FireFox

FireFox Member

An old admin said I would never rank up for "Making Redstone builds"

15. Link_Targaryen

Link_Targaryen Administrator
    Administrator

Please do not turn this thread into griping about long-past rankup decisions.

16. natesmileyboy

natesmileyboy Member

hey if there is the need for help in building the spawn of the museum server i would be delighted to help xD

17. FireFox

FireFox Member

I could build Redstone if you need Redstone help

18. RooseTheMoose

RooseTheMoose Member

FireFox are you good redstone?

19. Kayoz

Kayoz Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

This issue has been settled, with the new Museum server opening :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.