[Poll] SK Parkour

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Daphsquid, May 26, 2019.

?

Future of the Parkour gamemode:

Poll closed May 29, 2019.
  1. Create a separate Parkour server.

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Cancel the project due to lack of interest.

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Daphsquid

Daphsquid Server Owner
    Server Owner

Hello Players,

Due to performance issues on Towny, we have decided that it is unrealistic to expect the server to support an entire separate gamemode. Because of this, we are allowing the community to vote on the future of the Parkour project.

We have been discussing the idea of moving Parkour to its own server to guarantee better performance (which is essential for parkour). However, we don't want to spend months setting up a full-on gamemode server for Parkour if there isn't interest from the community.

So, that's where this poll comes in. Should we move Parkour to its own server and turn it into a full-on gamemode for the network (including separate vote rewards, donation rank perks, server ranks, etc.), or should we cancel the project due to lack of interest from the community?

Please vote!
    (Poll will be open for 3 days.)

2. paylode

paylode Well-Known Member

I think what is gonna happen is people are gonna think wow this is a good idea but when it get released theres gonna be like 3 people online at most { Exept launch } and people are gonna think I'm just not intrested to play right now. And they never will be.

3. Daphsquid

Daphsquid Server Owner
    Server Owner

I didn't mention this in my original post, but we wouldn't be just transferring what was on the Towny server to its own server. When I say its own server, I mean we are going to add custom challenges, crates, rewards, etc. It would be a lot more involved than the version we had on Towny. Since we have more resources to work with, we can add all of those things.

Also, the Parkour plugin we'd use would be custom made for only our network, since we'd need something that is much more easy to work with and compatible with other plugins.