Denied Potato's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Application Archive' started by Potato, Jun 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Potato

Potato Well-Known Member

Your current IGN: CrustyWenis

How old are you? 13

What timezone do you live in? PST

What server do you play the most on Shadow Kingdom? Creative

Have you donated to the server before? Yes, in the past, I have bought Patron rank. I am currently Benefactor rank though.

How active can you be on Shadow Kingdom? As the summer has indeed begun, I can be on at time varying between 1-4 hours; however, I may be able to do more. I also have summer school at the moment, peak times do tend to occur between these time periods.

Do you have any past experience as staff? Do you still work there? If not, why did you leave?
    (Please be as honest as possible in this section. Lots of past experience is something we consider to be a good thing.) I have in fact had about 8 months of staffing experience on the Shadow Kingdom Network itself. Having also helped my friend from school set up his server, I know a few things about servers here or there. On Shadow Kingdom, I had left due to the fact that I was in search for a break. The cause seemed to be from the once popular Kingdoms server.

Why do you want to be a staff member on SK? Why should we pick you instead of other players who apply? As you all know, I was a former moderator here on SK. This ultimately will benefit me as there will be no time needed for training for I am fluent in a high majority of the commands staff use to properly run the server. As former staff on this particular network, I am accustomed to the protocol of moderating players which will also prove to be highly valuable.

If you could change one thing about the server, what would it be?
    (OPTIONAL QUESTION) If I could change something about the server, I think it would be to add more depth and quality to rank up request feedback. Having recently ranked up to the Engineer rank, I had failed multiple times and received feedback, which in my opinion, wasn't as detailed and suggesting as I would have thought helpful as a player.

Additional comments:

Having been a player who played on Kingdoms that somewhat brought about some drama know how players may react to staff. Knowing this, I would like to be able to put this knowledge to use to be able to talk to angry players in a thoughtful and intellectual reasoning way. Doing this would guide many to be more civilized.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. stehenalex

stehenalex Member

give him staff, he has benefactor (joke)

no really, give potato staff agen he is realy nice :)

But actually, Potato was a really good staff member, and he should be accepted again.
    He isn't too lenient, he jokes around with players (which is good) but he was serious about his staff position, and i did see him warn people about various things when i was on the server (spamming, etc...)

especially with two staff being demoted, i feel that potato can fill in for them and be a great staff member.
    :D

#2 stehenalex, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Absxnce

Absxnce Member

I'd like Potato as a staff member again, he was really cool the first time he was staff (even before he became a mod) and he's really positive and fun to talk to imo. I like his suggestion for better feedback on rank-up builds. Though I've never had many problems with feedback from a rank-up request I still feel it would be nice to have more meaningful feedback on my builds. I also support him using his prior experience with angry players to maintain a healthy attitude on the server, which would make the server a much more positive place to be.

I never felt like he was too lenient at all. From what I've seen he just likes to talk to players and socialize like any other player, though I have to say sometimes he does play around in serious situations. He warns people about breaking rules, but not so much as to make it seem like he has a superiority complex. From my experience, he brings a ton of positivity to the server even without being staff.

My advice to pot would be to work a bit on maturity, but not so much as to be dead serious at all times without exception. Despite his tendency to be a bit immature, I think he'd still make a nice addition to staff

Blessed be

#3 Absxnce, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf Member

I say Teeny for president ( Staff )

he's a good guy and has the Skillz and time needed for staff, so why not give him a Second change :)?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf Member

7. ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf Member

8. ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf Member

I get what u saying yet its up to Daph to say on his server if poeple can get more than 1 Change. In my Eyes so poeple who deserve it should get a Second change and getting to the point from the issue with kingdom happend to me and im reporter of the Issue saying Teeny is a Good staff Member says enough for other poeple to See accedents happen nobody is perfect and Teeny is 1 great Guy and i would love to see him back up were he belongs he did his job good and im pretty sure if anyone else was in teeny spot when the stuff went down more poeple would have dont the Same thing. :oops::D

9. ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf Member

Teeny did as Staff member more good than Harm, if your gonna blame a person for making one Mistake your not a Human yourself. Teeny is willing to give up his free time again to help other poeple out, yes im aware abuse is abuse BUT Somethings happend within an split second and im sure if it were to happend again he would act diffrent we learn everyday more and more and Evolve as the Human being we are. In my eyes we shouldnt blame him for making 1 mistake. do by im sure every staff Member has done something that was a mistake 2.

Fact : Everybody makes mistakes if we didnt we wouldnt learn anything and wouldnt get better ad what we do.

10. ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf Member

My opion is something to Offer, and with "War ground"i ment us Talking about how u find it that teeny shouldnt be accepted back, and me saying he is we have going about this more messages than needed.

11. Link_Targaryen

Link_Targaryen Retired Administrator

I welcome this... lively... debate, but can we just simply leave this application alone until @Kayoz, with the consultation of the rest of the staff team, makes a decision? Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Potato

Potato Well-Known Member

I'd like to inform you all, if you did not know, I resigned. I was not demoted :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. natesmileyboy

natesmileyboy Member

True fact that teeny resigned and teeny can have all the power to re-apply at anytime. Staff applications are for staff to decide not for the public. So leave it up to them.

Kind regards,
    Nathan (natesmileyboy)

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. stehenalex

stehenalex Member

I know that link said to leave this application alone, but i want to input again because i remember when potato did something really nice for me.

I remember when i was playing with one of my friends irl, and they thought it was funny to leak my personal info, so they threatened to leak my info. (i don't know why they thought it was funny)

i got really angry and scared, so i messaged potato on discord, telling him my friend was going to leak my info, and he responded saying he would keep an eye on them, and mute them if they leaked my information.

i remember my friend saying something like "leaking stehenalex's info" and almost instantly after that, potato responded, and said something on the lines of: "Could you please stop, (my friend's ign)?"

My friend didn't say anything about leaking my info again after that.

Potato responded so quickly on discord, and i was surprised how he responded to the leak threat so quickly. I haven't experienced firsthand the issues that others are speaking about, so i have no issues with potato in general.

link dont ban me pls i just wanna be nice :oops:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  15. Pile

Pile Administrator

Thank you so much for taking the time to apply for staff.
    Unfortunately we have discussed it and decided against your promotion at this time. Please feel free to apply in the future.

I wish you all the best Potato. <3

Some comments have been removed to stop the spreading of rumors and untruths.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.