Towny Reducing the EXP purchase price for legendary and mythic?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Manish1267, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Manish1267

Manish1267 New Member

Without master inquisitive, it takes 50 mins to grind for a legendary book and probably 1 hour and 30 mins or more for a mythic book. Since cosmos players get books for free and they believe it is not worth opening the books (as its a rare chance that youll get a good enchant), its sold for around 8500/15000 respectively. I don't know the average time a player spends on the server a day, however it is not worth using your entire play session for the day to get 1 book, where you can instead buy a book for a lot cheaper and with less effort/time. Making the ability to purchase legendary/mythic books in /ce a unused feature. Therefore I was thinking maybe the legendary book exp price should be reduced to 80 lvls and mythic books to 100 levels. Making it also fairer to non donator players who still have to put time and effort to get these books, but this way it wont be unreasonable.

2. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator
    Administrator System Administrator

Before we are going to adjust the levels for those books, I would like to wait a bit longer to see if we can get a fix for Inquisitive/Master Inquisitive. In their current state, these enchantments are a bit useless in grinders, unfortunately. They should make a huge difference if they would work though.

If there will be no fix for whatever reason, I would have no issues with lowering the required XP amounts.

3. Manish1267

Manish1267 New Member

I tested my master inquisitive III enchant today with the cooldown and it does work! However there are only less than a handful of people who have this enchant as it is one of the rarest items. With my testing I'm able to get a legendary book in 30 mins of using grinders with the master inq 3. mythic book would probably take closer to an hour or more. However i still think it should be reduced to make the trading of exp for books usable/reasonable for most of the server

#3 Manish1267, Sep 14, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  4. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator

Please keep in mind, that the enchantment might now kind of work now, but it is still not as good as it is supposed to be. Once that issue is fixed and grinding EXP is easier I suspect enchantments like this will become less rare in the long run (even if you have to buy it from somebody elese or something).

5. Manish1267

Manish1267 New Member

hmm I'm not a experienced mob grinder or anything but I don't think removing the 1 second cool down will make it that much easier. In our nation grinder, I think we have the max amount of blaze spawners allowed, and you only really have to wack em twice with sweeping edge before the entities get cleared, and you're back to waiting for the next wave of blazes to spawn. So constantly wacking them would be more work with more or less the same result

#5 Manish1267, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  6. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator

It kind of depends on how quickly you are killing the blazes. If you kill more than one blaze with a single hit (e.g. with Sweeping Edge), the enchantment will only trigger once, which does happen very frequently in most grinders.