Sara's Application

Discussion in 'Staff Application Archive' started by Saraisme1123, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saraisme1123

Saraisme1123 Member

Your current IGN:
    Saraisme1123

How old are you?
    18 years old

What timezone do you live in?
    CST -6.00

What server do you play the most on Shadow Kingdom?
    I mostly play on Survival, however, I have been getting into Creative lately. I am not familiar with Shadow Kingdom's Sky Block but I am open to learn.
    Have you donated to the server before?
    I have not, but I actually plan to on pay-day (Tuesday). So ask me again then! :)

How active can you be on Shadow Kingdom?
    I do work quite a bit, however I can be available at least 4-5 hours a day. Mondays and Saturdays are my days off, so I can be on any time then.

Do you have any past experience as staff? Do you still work there? If not, why did you leave?
    (Please be as honest as possible in this section. Lots of past experience is something we consider to be a good thing.)
    I was an Admin on a server about the size of Shadow Kingdom for about 7 months (I played a total of 2 1/2 years on the server). I left the server because of some personal issues with the Owner (I can explain more in PM) and I looked to start new on a new server and that's what lead me to Shadow Kingdom! :)

Why do you want to be a staff member on SK? Why should we pick you instead of other players who apply?
    I would like to be a staff member on Shadow Kingdom, because I love how the server's rank system is set up, and I very much so enjoy how it's not a "play-to-win" type of server. I would love to learn more about the codes and commands of this server. I believe I could be a better asset to this server, because I have deviating hours. This meaning, some days I will be available at night, some in the morning, and some even all day. In conclusion, I will be able to be on when others may be in school, for the reason that, I am finished with school (including night classes) as of this year.

If you could change one thing about the server, what would it be?
    (OPTIONAL QUESTION)
    I would like the rule of "No Discrimination" to be more enforced on this server. I believe people shouldn't be talked down to because they are a Male or Female, Gay or Straight, or anything else. I honestly cannot stand seeing people be mistreated just because they may be different than another person.

Additional comments: I use Skype and Discord very often, as well. While I am at work I will be able to respond via either 99% of the time.

#1 Saraisme1123, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Zydiax

Zydiax Well-Known Member

I love the no discrimination

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. DefiantTrekk

DefiantTrekk Member

Your right, would never EVER be able to talk down people because they identify as a helicopter anyway, there is the general blanket rule of respect other players.
    https://shadowkingdom.org/threads/official-in-game-rules.2/ Check rule 5. I take it you personally have had an attack by someone on the server, go speak to the admins about it about it. If a staff member was present when you where having that issue then screenshot them and ask for their reliability to be questioned. If they refuse to do that, then on the servers side of things, there is no issue with the problem, and whether it would be enforced or not is purely because you saw the issue from your point of view and not the servers.

All I see is that your saying in a nice way is that the current staff are incapable of doing their job, which is far from what I see, go and talk to the owner about it because it is a real problem your bringing up. Perhaps you worded that wrong...

I'm not saying what happened(s) was your fault, their fault or the staff's fault, but clearly there was no need to cause drama on the server if somebody just got feather triggered (Which happens way too much with all these empowered kids triggering each other with their special snowflake mentality*). You personally can't do everyone's job for them too remember that.

Other than that good luck with this.

*I have no hate towards any gender or thing, I really couldn't care less what you are, your personality matters more.

4. Zydiax

Zydiax Well-Known Member

I see that you must not like woman staff members, am I correct?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Saraisme1123

Saraisme1123 Member

He was actually giving me a constructive response to my application. Means no hate to woman staff members.
    You are half way correct. I do not believe that the staff are incapable of doing their jobs, seriously. I have had an issue with this but I also see it happen way too much. I believe that sometimes it MAY be over looked.

The section on the application lay out stating "What would you change about the server," is a matter of opinion.
    I was not implying the staff was in wronging, I was applying my own take on how I would like to change about the server.

I know that this is already a rule, but it needs to be enforced OR elaborated more to the community

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. DefiantTrekk

DefiantTrekk Member

@Saraisme1123 Thanks for elaborating :), because your right, staff do need to take their jobs seriously because its a matter of people having a good time or not. You can never try too hard with the abilities at your disposal!
    Good response and good luck :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Major_Graft

Major_Graft Dedicated Member

I have to say at one point I thought this was going to turn ugly but it is fantastic to see people sharing their views in a constructive meaningful discussion without getting personal. well done everyone! This is what makes shadow kingdom great, that we can show maturity and reasonableness even with different viewpoints.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Zydiax

Zydiax Well-Known Member

I would say some stuff

9. Saraisme1123

Saraisme1123 Member

Update: I have now donated to " VIP" :)

10. Zydiax

Zydiax Well-Known Member

11. Brendoom

Brendoom New Member

Looks rather promising maybe you have a good chance ;)

12. Zydiax

Zydiax Well-Known Member

#SaraForStaff2k17

13. Saraisme1123

Saraisme1123 Member

14. Kayoz

Kayoz Legendary Member

Hey.

After very lengthy discussion, the team has come to a conclusion that you may not currently be best fit for the team. However i would like to hold onto your application.

Apologies for drawn-out response.

Thankyou for taking the time to apply.

#14 Kayoz, May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.