1. Hey Guest, Shadow Kingdom turns 5 years old on April 1st, 2020! To celebrate, all RANKS and UPGRADES on our store are 40% OFF until April 5th! https://store.shadowkingdom.org
    Dismiss Notice

Scheduled Downtime (New Hardware!)

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Daphsquid, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Daphsquid

Daphsquid Server Owner
    Server Owner

[​IMG]
    Hello Players,

Beginning on March 26th at 12AM EST, the network will be down for about 12 hours while we transfer all of our data to brand new hardware. Shadow Kingdom stores many terabytes of information in the forms of server worlds, backups, databases, and various other data, so these types of moves become more necessary as our storage needs change over time.

Q&A's:

Q: Will there be a large performance boost after this transfer?

A: We do not believe that any noticeable performance enhancements will be caused by this move. Unlike past transfers, this one is purely for the sake of storing our data in a better way. Luckily, Shadow Kingdom seems to be performing extremely well on its current hardware, and retaining that performance is more than adequate for our needs.

Q: When will the server be back online?

A: We would like to allocate about 12 hours for this move to occur. Again, Shadow Kingdom stores terabytes of data, so it takes a while to move all of that information. The server should be back online on March 26th at around 12PM EST!

Q: I'll be bored while the server is down! What can I do in the meantime?

A: We have a Discord server that will remain online while the rest of the network is down for the transfer. Everyone may join this Discord server to interact with the community while the Minecraft server (and forums) are down. CLICK HERE to join!

Q: Is there any way I can help the transfer?

A: Unfortunately, this is a job for @Matt, the Sysadmin team, and I to complete alone. The best way that you (a player or staff member) can help us is by remaining calm and collected, and being understanding during this stressful time.

Conclusion:

We know that downtime is never fun. Shadow Kingdom has a history of amazing uptime because we strive to allow our services to be available as much as possible. We appreciate your understanding and patience while we move to our new hardware. After all, this is for the better of Shadow Kingdom's future.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns,

- Shadow Kingdom Sysadmin Team

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1