1. Join our server at MC.SHADOWKINGDOM.ORG!
    Dismiss Notice

Server Ideas

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by KryptoXD, Jun 12, 2018.

1. KryptoXD

KryptoXD New Member

First off I would like to say that I, like many other people, love playing on the server because of the community and the well managed currency system. However, I do think that there are many things that could be tweaked to better the server. Below I've listed a couple things that would be better to make the server run more smoothly and although I haven't played as much as other people this is just what I've seen.

Creative: No changes needed, provides people to let their imagination run free and create many different amazing structures.

Prison: I believe this part of the server to be pointless currently, its run down, no one plays on it, and there is no benefit to have it when its not being used.

Factions v2: Fantastic idea for a bigger server, however its run like there is a big group for the server when in reality most people love playing on towny. In order to get ce drops from the server event there needs to be 16 people on the server when there is usually anywhere from 4-8 (on average). I believe this to be a little bit of a waste because it deters people who love playing factions from getting significantly ahead of others.

Towny v2: Im a huge towny people so I absolutely love playing. However its very hard to get some items that I would like and here are some reasons why. First of all, the world is too small for me personally because everybody is everywhere and everything is raided, which overall limits players experience on exploring and finding dungeons,villages, etc. Second, the end and nether are mismanaged to me. I believe that they should get reset every few weeks or so because of everything being raided. Lastly, you can't visit the end or the nether in the resource world which would solve my second problem. I understand that theres a market for items such as shulker boxes, wings, wither skulls, etc.however if they are impossible to get with everything being raided, it means that these items are priceless which would negate any market values.

Again, overall I think this is a great server with a great community, however I still believe that there are changes that should be made to help keep those great community members and allow the newer members to still have a fighting chance to have fun.

Lastly, I think there should be global achievements that can award prizes depending on which server you play on. For example if you complete 10 achievements in factions, prison, and towny, you are awarded a global reward that can be applied to your desired server. (rough explanation but still a decent idea).

I love playing and I love the people that play as well, I just believe that there are some thing that should be fixed to help everyone enjoy themselves more!

Thank you,
    KryptoXD

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. pastelnarwhal

pastelnarwhal Member

I like your idea of the global reward thing to encourage people who are fixed on one server to try other servers. That being said, the server I am fixed on is prison, so I disagree with the fact prison is never used. I am often online, although I may be afk getting ink sacks. Also, I and many others have spent so much time and effort there. However, it definitely needs more improvements and players, but I believe that will come if it is made much better. One of the reasons I like it is the fact that you can be made free, instead of being stuck at your rank or just starting all over again, which creates a greater incentive. Maybe if ranks were less unobtainable or gave a much larger reward it would be less discouraging.

Sorry, I do like most of your ideas, I just wanted to defend my favorite server. I would put in an XD face, but then I realized that it was in your name and therefore might be strange.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. KryptoXD

KryptoXD New Member

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy it, and I hope that you continue to! However, I do believe that compared to the other servers, prison isn't focused on as much therefore I still believe that it is rundown. From my experience, prison is more fun the more people that are on the server, so I believe that with dedication, it can be turned into a very big positive for Shadow Kingdom. Currently there are very small amounts of people scattered throughout all the servers. Creating weekly, daily, or monthly goals that are acquired globally from playing on all servers will increase activity. This will also create more popularity on prison as well as the other servers.

4. pastelnarwhal

pastelnarwhal Member

I do agree that people don't play as much on prison as they do other servers. The idea of creating goals does seem like a good way to increase the number of players, though.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Fira

Fira Staff & Community Manager
    Manager

As I see it right now our main issue with prison and factions is we dont have the playerbase for PvP servers. Most of our players are like yourself towny players. We have advertising were going to be doing soon to try and rectify this issue. As for your saying that prison is run down I would like to know what about it is run down?

We are going to be doing a nether, end and resource world reset on june 16th.

• Like Like x 1
  6. gwb95

gwb95 Staff Member
    Assistant

Hey KryptoXD!
    We are glad that you are enjoying the server! I also want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and suggestions for the individual servers. We are always looking for ways to better the servers and increasing our player base. Feel free to share specifics about the prison server with Fira or Myself (or any staff member for that matter).
    Thanks again for taking the time to share with us!

7. daman540

daman540 Member

Hey KryptoXD,
    I play prison! Let's keep keep the servers that people do play on still there. There's actually a lot of people playing prisons at the moment. It may not be as active as towny but there is people sometimes. You can do /mctop to see there is still a couple of people playing it.

8. pastelnarwhal

pastelnarwhal Member

Wow, there are a lot of ppl there.. I just checked it says there were 57 people who got at least one power level... side note, I am first :p

• Like Like x 1