Creative Some suggestions for Creative and Build Contests

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by PlebsRUs, Jan 24, 2021.

1. PlebsRUs

PlebsRUs Member

Whats popping,

Been having a lot of thoughts about things I either find odd on creative or just general changes I think could improve the player experience.

Creative
    • I think it would be really good if there was a way to make a message prompt about the server being on 1.13, that either pops up when you place a 1.14+ item in your hotbar (not sure if this is possible) or similar to when you talk about submitting a build it creates a prompt with the tutorial, as it gets asked by almost every new player.
    • Speaking as a benefactor myself, I think a good change for the permissions would be giving cleanlight to benefactors onwards, as benefactors get permanent worldedit which is normally the main cause for lighting glitches. It just makes sense in my eyes.
    • I think there should be a way to purchase a bonus build submission with the coins you earn by playing. For example, OldSeed (I believe) has run out of build submissions yet he has some builds he could submit like his competition plot. I'm once again not sure if this is possible, but it could be a nice feature, plus gives people an opportunity to show off more of their stuff without having to delete others.
    Build Contests
    • I think a good change would be making it so either the top 3 or top 5 in the build contest cannot compete in the following build contest, but instead should be judges. The first three build competitions have had the same players in the top 10 (or at least, minimal variation) and I think by this being a thing it means other players get a chance to shine, but also means the ones who win the contest aren't just excluded but are included in a whole new way.
    • I also believe that the top 3 plots that make it to museum should be automatically submitted without impact to the build submission count, seeing as they technically earnt it.
    • I think a charity staff-only build contest could be an interesting take, having players donate to be able to judge the staffs builds. This isn't as important, could just be a fun little event.
    Please let me know what you think of these ideas, I appreciate any response. I'm not sure how many of these are possible, but I thought it was worth suggesting anyway.

Regards,
    JoeIsDaddy

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Ruben0_0

Ruben0_0 New Member

Personally, I really don't know if I would like this. If the top 3 from the last one would not be allowed to compete next time, I'm not sure if I would compete myself. I think that competing against the best builders on the server (well, excluding staff of course) is a large part of the fun. This is also why we had such a beautiful top 10 this year. You must realize that the level of these contests is also representative of the standards of the server, which IMO should be kept high.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PlebsRUs

PlebsRUs Member

I get this, but it also can feel pressuring and a bit repetitive if the same few people always end up in the top 3 or top 10, its nice to have some variation and give others a jumpstart on the build points.

4. Ruben0_0

Ruben0_0 New Member

True, I do get where you're coming from. But I still don't like this, I feel like if you would win while the top of the server isn't even allowed to participate, it kind of loses meaning. Besides, there weren't even that many finished plots last time. Like I said earlier, as a server you want to uphold a certain standard.

What would be more appropriate, imo, is some sort of constraint. For instance, shorten the time period for the previous top 3 or 5 with a week (that's already quite harsh). That way you give others an advantage, while not totally blocking anyone from participating.