Speak up against bullying

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by FireFox, Apr 26, 2017.

1. FireFox

FireFox Well-Known Member

Hello! My name is nathanm2005 or for short Nathan. I'm a average player on the server and I would like to say something. What I would like to say is that speak up against bullies and if you get bullied on the server dont be scared tell any body you can for example, tell a staff (Staff don't Bite) *I think* or a trusted player. Speak up for other players too! You wouldn't want to be bullied and no one helps your right? And for example the server gives you many places to report bullies such as the report button or you could even go make a forum just like I have done. And there is even more places to get help and report a bully such as www.americanspcc.org/See-Jo-Frost-Video‎ and https://www.stopbullying.gov/cyberbullying/how-to-report/ I could go on for hours saying how many great bullying reporting sites there are and even if there aren't any bully reporting sites right on the front page you could look up for example. Screenshot 2017-04-25 at 5.59.05 PM.png For example look up Report bullying in (your country). And my final statement today is Speak Up! (I just noticed Im sounding like a staff!)

• Dislike x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. FireFox

Sorry for grammar problems

3. FireFox

Some people like it some people hate it

4. Carmur

Carmur Well-Known Member

Hello nathanm2005 and the team of shadow Kingdom,

I know about the problems with bullies on online servers and just remembered a nice system which could easily be added to SK. On a past server we had a "Kummerkasten" (basically a complaint box), where you could put in sign books with your story and every week the team would consider these cases and talk about them via teamspeak (Discord). There were many younger players on that server and we got rid of quite a few problems using this system. Of course, sometimes people made fun about it, but in the end, it allowed us also to address problems that were not directly covered by the rules.

Carmur

5. Daphsquid

Daphsquid Server Owner
    Server Owner

This seems unnecessary when we have /modreq. Keep in mind that when you use /modreq and submit a ticket, staff members on EVERY server get notified. So if you're on creative and have an issue with a player on Creative, but all the staff are on Survival, simply submitting a modreq will notify the staff of the situation.

Alternatively, /msg works cross-server also. If you need a staff member, but don't want to leave the server you're on, simply /msg them and explain that you need help on a different server.

6. FireFox

Daphsquid did I do a good job doing this?

• Dislike Dislike x 1