Accepted Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Application Archive' started by Carca, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carca

Carca Member

Your current IGN:
    Carca

How old are you?

What timezone do you live in?

Central

What server do you play the most on Shadow Kingdom?

Towny/Creative. A relatively equal mix.

Have you donated to the server before?
    About $90 over a months time, yes.

How active can you be on Shadow Kingdom?

I am and will remain to be active everyday for anywhere from 2 to 8 hours.

Do you have any past experience as staff? Do you still work there? If not, why did you leave?
    (Please be as honest as possible in this section. Lots of past experience is something we consider to be a good thing.)

I have a relatively lengthy experience with managing servers and server populations. Between being a staff member on two private servers (total of 1 years experience) and running my own medium sized server on two separate occasions (about another years worth of experience) as well as being in the role of a "role model" rank for about 6 months to a year. This particular experience has shown me that being a staff member on a server can be very stressful, people tend to only want you to help them and get mad if you don't, as well as bombard you with requests upon seeing you. However, this is also why I love being staff on servers because I love being the person that regulates a community by solving problems; it's also why I am in law enforcement in real life. On top of this my real life job is entirely focused on monitoring behaviors in a controlled environment and making judgement calls on when and what to do about said behaviors, bad AND good behaviors. So in total, I have about 2 years of experience maintaining a Minecraft Server community and as well a year of experience with my current real life job strictly monitoring behavior and ensuring everything runs well and at expectations.

Why do you want to be a staff member on SK? Why should we pick you instead of other players who apply?

Being a staff member for Minecraft servers in generally is always a goal. It allows me to help those in need rather than just being able to advise someone, as well gives me a new take on Minecraft itself. Being "that person" the community seeks for help is something I strive for in all situations, real or gaming. When it comes to SK specifically, over the past month I've been on the server I've come to love the community and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. Now it is my chance to provide that same love and support back in a new role as potential staff.

If you could change one thing about the server, what would it be?
    (OPTIONAL QUESTION)

Presence of staff. While staff members are busy with real life, with other in games issues they need to address, it's perfectly understandable to only see staff members when a problem needs fixed. However, I personally feel that having staff members (and I've noticed a few that do this) should be constantly active in the community and be a constant presence to help solve problems AS they occur or to ensure there is a friendly face when new players join the server. I feel a common presence of staff would help any server with turn over, population income, among other things. This server is fantastic, and the community is amazing, there really isn't much to be changed.

Additional comments:
    I realize that tech I call I've only been on the forums for 26 days; I've been on the serverge a little longer. I filled out this app regardless in hopes the mere 4 days wouldn't be a serious issue.

#1 Carca, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  2. Zydiax

Zydiax Well-Known Member

You seem mature and nice so I would like you as staff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Daphsquid

Daphsquid Retired Staff

This application has been accepted. Congratulations to Carca on his promotion to Assistant!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.