Accepted Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Application Archive' started by DefiantTrekk, Jun 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DefiantTrekk

DefiantTrekk Member

Your current IGN:
    DefiantTrekk

How old are you?

What timezone do you live in?
    Australian UTC +10

What server do you play the most on Shadow Kingdom?
    Only play on Towny, have tried Kingdoms, but wasn't happy with my experience.

Have you donated to the server before?
    No.

How active can you be on Shadow Kingdom?
    Very active, I am at least on a few hours a day lately.

Do you have any past experience as staff? Do you still work there? If not, why did you leave?
    (Please be as honest as possible in this section. Lots of past experience is something we consider to be a good thing.)
    Two server I played on, both I was promoted through the ranks up till admin. One server died, and the other I stepped down due to a lack of support from other staff. I was dealing with hundreds of requests on my own every time I logged in and was not given enough perms to deal with them, so I was pretty much just a messenger boy for people who didn't want to use a ticket. I have also been a server co-owner, and finally a server owner of a not-so-successful server (Towny) and have a lot of experience with Towny because of that.

Why do you want to be a staff member on SK? Why should we pick you instead of other players who apply?
    Staff have just recently been culled which has left Towny suffer further with all the staff migrating to Kingdoms. We have players that are spawn killing in the Towny world, and people joining and being abusive. I have gone across the servers many times to get staff in to deal with the situation. Even if only a mini-mod I would be able to deal with a lot of the issues that come up in the Towny world without having to get other staff involved. Why should I be picked? I have experience, I don't let things run, and I don't like people having to go through issues they shouldn't have too.
    I have also pointed out bugs and exploits to the economy in the past (Including the Towny regen infinite resource bug that Space brought to your attention which you guys disabled.)
    (A major reason for applying is because of all the other denied applications. We need staff in the Towny world in all timezones, me or otherwise we need players to be looking after us and available to help at any time, I may not be a first choice for reasons stated in additional comments, but its needed.)

If you could change one thing about the server, what would it be?
    Would like to perhaps have a little more plugin content? Some interesting cosmetic features and things that would make the game-play a bit different?

Additional comments:
    I have made a denied staff report for what I saw as an injustice, remember I tried to deal with the conversation with the individual in person and only brought it to your attention to see if it was just me. I would still like to resolve it with them properly. Other than that one issue of rubbing shoulders, I have had no other issues with anyone staff or otherwise, quite to the contrary.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sh1mrr4

sh1mrr4 Retired Administrator

I'm not sure if this matters, but Defiant is one of the players I completely trust (even with my Autosmelt V, Fortune V, Blast III pickaxe). :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Zydiax

Zydiax Well-Known Member

A nice guy to play with

• Like Like x 1
  4. ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf Member

Great Friend, Great player , Great president !

Defaint for president !!! :D i wont see u that much, do by your from australia and im dutch, but i hope to see u next time as Ass :) best of luck buddy !

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Potato

Potato Well-Known Member

I'd just go with Asst.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. DefiantTrekk

DefiantTrekk Member

Nothing like being an Ass :)

Thanks for the rep posts all ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Daphsquid

Daphsquid Retired Staff