Denied Staff application

Discussion in 'Staff Application Archive' started by ShadowWolf, Jun 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf Member

Your current IGN:

matthew_owen

How old are you?

What timezone do you live in?

The Netherlands UTC +01:00/02:00 ( Summertime )

What server do you play the most on Shadow Kingdom?

I play on Towny most frequently, I previously was very active on Kingdoms, but now it’s kind of dead, so I don’t play their anymore. I have also played Skyblock for a small time that it was up and running.

Have you donated to the server before?

No.

How active can you be on Shadow Kingdom?

Very active since it’s nearly summer for me, and I don’t really have anything planned other than a small trip for my upcoming birthday. I believe it can go from 2-8 hours a day ( Depending on what I’m doing ).

Do you have any past experience as staff? Do you still work there? If not, why did you leave? (Please be as honest as possible in this section. Lots of past experience is something we consider to be a good thing.)

Yes I have had some experience. I have been a server owner myself for a few months, but it went down do by my developer not doing what his job was. On other servers I have been a Helper many times ( 3 / 4 different servers, most servers were small, so I have been a big help to get them started. However, none of them got the big break through ). On a different server, I was a Moderator for a few months, but I stepped down due by the Owner commanding me to do things that were outside of the rules.

Why do you want to be a staff member on SK? Why should we pick you instead of other players who apply?

I would like to join the staff team for multiple reasons. My main reason is to give back to Shadow Kingdom what it gave me ( a joyful time and a place to make new friends and have a relaxing day after a hard day of work / school ), and I really enjoy helping people with their problems. I think everybody should experience Shadow Kingdom as I have.

Why I should be picked for staff instead of the other people? I can’t really say I’m better than another person neither will i say I’m the best and bla bla bla etc… At the moment, I see everybody applying for staff because we all have the same goal and that is to help out the server as much as we can. But, if i have to give any reason for me to say why I should be picked is because I really want to help the server out as a repayment for everything it gave me.

If you could change one thing about the server, what would it be?

If I could change anything, I would modify the Kingdom server. It’s a great plugin, but it started already as a big chaos. In my eyes, I think I have a good idea to replace Kingdoms.

In my eyes, there’s a lack of pvp on Shadow Kingdom. Now I’m not saying Kingdoms wasn’t pvp. I’m meaning a controlled pvp, some servers use a pvp drop arena ( that’s maybe fun to do ). What my idea is, is a Quest like server; what I’m saying that with this is in towny maybe a side server for some people, certain stuff is really hard to obtain and maybe with a small quest server, it could be more fun. In my idea, there would be custom mobs and bosses and every boss gives u a different drop. And the higher you get in the map, the better the rewards get. Or a fully quest server ( A World of Warcraft-like server), a big map with the further you get, the better the loot gets and the stronger the mobs will be and there could be different hero’s available to use like a kit. ( Now i know this is something very big but it is worth the try, and I would happily help out as much as I possibly can ).

Additional comments:

Thanks for the time of leaving a command or just reading my Apply.

Gr. Matt

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. ChrissyR

ChrissyR Well-Known Member

You know when you open up a new jar of nutella? The perfect layer of chocolate that skims the top of the jar, untouched by the pain of the outside world. That is what Matt is. The perfect untouched layer. You may be thinking, 'what does this mean?'. It represents the faith in humanity that is left inside all of us. Matt is that faith.

But that's too much information for one go. Lets go back to the basics. Matt's a 17 year old Dutch kid from the Netherlands. Fluent in 8 different languages including English, Dutch, Spanish, Norwegian and Latin he has studied Advanced Chemistry in Delft University of Technology for 3 years and is currently in his last year. That's enough about his background, lets get into the meaty stuff.

You want a good staff member? You want them locally sourced and home grown? Look no further, Matt supplies himself in whatever way is needed, regardless of the situation. Fast like a Jaguar, yet with the off-road ability of a 2017 Land Rover Evoque, Matt has it all. With an IQ of at least 199+ he's an obvious choice, in my opinion.

But hey, why listen to me? Here's a statement taken from my long term friend, HalyconFox. Take it from here, Hal.

"I've known Matt since I started Secondary School 5 years ago. We became friends from the instant we met, honestly he's one of the best people I've ever known. I respect him and everything he stands for. In light of recent events I believe Matt is the best possible staff member for the server in the current time. He's great with kids, adults and even the few elderly that have stumbled across the server. I really cant express how highly I feel about Matt and it reflects in my personality. He's made a statement in my life and I do not know how to put it properly into words.

Putting it shortly, I believe Matt is the best possible staff member for the server at the moment, or in any moment. I support him fully and respect any and every decision he makes."

Such kind, true words. Never truer words have been spoken.

However, we're gonna need to wrap this up into a nice bow. It's a bit awkward if the reply is longer than the application, amirite. Overall, Matt is the perfect man for this job. There's no point silver lining it, or denying the facts.

You've got an insanely talented Chemist knocking at the staff lounge door so the question is, do you let him in?

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. BasicallySarah™

BasicallySarah™ Well-Known Member

Though I may agree with you in certain aspects- Matt doesn't handle such situations as the "perfect" staff member would. I'll begin by saying that Matt, though talented and i suppose also intelligent, is quite immature and 'wet behind ears' i suppose. Not alone, many players have said that Matt would occasionally kill players and refuse to give back their items, etc, as well as being temporarily banned and muted for spamming on the server's Discord, etc. Not only that, but playful and irresponsible in times when such matters should be taken seriously. Basically concluding my point that I don't feel as though Matt's the right staff to be put on the staff team.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. MarkusCosmos

MarkusCosmos Well-Known Member

This idea sounds great! Kind of like a RPG type of server? I've seen some servers setup like this but I'm sure SK could make a very good one for those who want to be able to take breaks while in the same Game Network (like on towns or creative).

Being active is definitely a key to being staff, and this is good hours.

You've sold Matthew for me.

Thanks for your application!

5. Kayoz

Kayoz Legendary Member

Hey, matthew.

Currently, we don't feel you would be the best fit for the staff team. Whilst you've shown to be a cool guy at times, we feel that some of the ways in which situations have been handled and interactions with others have gone have not displayed the right amount of competence in terms of holding a staff rank.

We appreciate the interest, however it's a no this time.

Regards,

Kayoz.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.