Towny The Observer; Exploring Lockish!

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Rononic, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Rononic

Rononic Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Good day!
    Before we begin, I must thank Marijke, one of my greatest friends, very much for the inspiration and encouragement she has given me to move forward and start a project here on the forums <3

Similar to Marijke's interviews, this project will consist of a series of posts each week interviewing town mayors and any of their town staff that they may wish to join them as we discuss their towns, the history behind them and many other questions that may be of interest to know about!

To begin this series, let’s start with my own town! : )

Greetings all, it is I, Rononic and I am the owner of the famous town, Lockish. I run this town alongside my trusted friends Major and Midnight!

I have taken care, pretty much ran and owned many towns in the past. When I first got into Towny servers, I was quite young and clueless to what I had to do but I liked the idea of being apart of a community and I enjoyed it so much! Sadly the mayor of that town became busy and abandoned his town, leaving myself and a great friend of mine to try and run it together with very little permissions for commands since we were only Assistants at the time.

When he returned, he made me the Mayor and left. Eventually that server got reset and myself and my great friend went to find another server to settle down on. We created another town and she became the entitled mayor of that town, but we both ran it equally.

In time, we also left that server and now we discover Shadow Kingdom. We created our town, BlackRose and spent so much time on it together! We called every night for months while building it up from nothing and inviting many members to our town. That town was very precious to me and still, to this day, holds very strong memories.

Sadly my friend had many things going on in her life outside of Minecraft and she couldn’t support the town anymore so the town fell down to me and I fell into a deep depression and allowed that town to go downhill drastically as I left the server for weeks at a time...

Eventually I came back again with the support from one of my bestest friends ever! She helped me to revive the town to the best of my ability and even suggested making a brand new town together to get me uplifted again but sadly we did not get around to doing that.

After some time, Towny v2.0 reset and updated to v3.0 and I lost my precious town to memories. That is my town history, I've been at this for years and I know a lot about taking care of towns but I'm still learning and improving. XD

So now we find out how Lockish came to be!
    Lockish was created on the 24th of February, 2019 by myself and the friend who supported me greatly in the past and brought me back to Shadow Kingdom, Familycraft123.

Our town was the first town ever created on Towny v3.0 and we are quite proud of that! Ever since the beginning of Lockish, we have always had a very friendly community, great friends and loyal companions to build this town up!
    [​IMG]

Regarding the theme, layout and buildings;
    Our town has a medieval theme running through it with the occasional exceptions of being “fantasy” medieval at times. Within our town, we strive to build great, working alongside the land as much as possible! Minecraft has naturally generating land, use it!

The way our plots are set up are quite natural, if I must say. I have never quite liked the idea of having a gridded town with hard borders and divides. Our town has many buildings spread around the town with paths connecting most of them together, keeping them also quite close!

Regarding ranks within our town;
    We have a trust system set in place regarding ranks and grand builds. We have divided our town into “districts” or “regions” and we give a certain amount of land over to trusted members of our town to rule over as “Lords” and “Ladies” of that land, to take care of it, invite new members, and perhaps branch out into new themes as well.

To become a Lord, Lady or another staff position within our town, it is not about how long you’ve been here or how “talented” you say you are to be staff, it is about how much we can trust you. The majority of people within town have my trust and therefore many people have ranks! xD <3
    [​IMG]
    At this moment in time our town is thriving!
    Our town has recently joined the Alpha Nation and has certainly benefited greatly from it! I would love to thank Marijke once again for inviting us as well as the Nation Leader, Rubyo. <3

Family has recently left Lockish to help somebody else grow their town and we all wish her the very best on her journey.

Sadly, due to my depression, I can become very sad for days, weeks at times, and can not run a town alone so I have asked my great friends, Major_Graft and Midnight_Forest to rule alongside me, supporting the town.

As of this day, the 16th of November, 2019 we currently have 91 town members, and quite a few of them are quite active, working together reviving the town and working on new projects!

While I have this opportunity, I would love to thank my great friends Paylode, NoxECan, Pranav683 and OOSIR and many others for staying loyal and helping this town grow! Thank you very much! <3
    [​IMG]
    In the very beginning when we began building our town, many of our residents decided to cut down all the trees to make way for their builds… very few have been replanted, sadly. Recently though, everybody has now joined in to revive the town’s foliage and its trees once more to make our town look even more alive and very pretty once again!

Our town has much planned for the future but all are still in the works as of this moment and it’s late where I am, so I kinda need to finish… XD

I hope you all enjoyed this interview of our town, Lockish!

Have an amazing day!
    Written by:
    Rononic

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Marijke2382

Marijke2382 Staff Member
    Assistant

Great Job!
    I can't wait to learn more abou the towns on the server!
    Love the writing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Rononic

And I can't wait to interview them!
    Thank you so much, Marijke <3

4. Schoggi

Schoggi New Member

What a lovely interview of yourself and your town^^
    Im glad you were able to find yourself again and hopefully we can keep it like this for a looooong time<3
    Stay strong my friend and may your town rise to become on of the most beautiful towns:D

With kind regards
    -Schoggi

Ps. Finally I understand the reason why you showed me the trees xD

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Rononic

Yesss! That is why I showed you the trees :D

I'm so glad you enjoyed the interview! I can't wait for the next one! <3