TheGreatKinger's staff application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by TheGreatKinger, Oct 6, 2021.

1. TheGreatKinger

TheGreatKinger Well-Known Member

Your current IGN:
    My current IGN is TheGreatKinger.

What is your discord name including the # and numbers?

My current Discord name is TheGreatKinger#0001.

How old are you?

I am nineteen years old.

What timezone do you live in?

I live in the CEST timezone.

What server do you play the most on Shadow Kingdom?

The server I play the most on is Towny.

How active can you be on Shadow Kingdom?

After having played over 2000 hours in Towny 3 and over 3100 hours in Towny 4, I think I am safe to say that I can play daily.

Do you have any past experience as staff? Do you still work there? If not, why did you leave?
    (Please be as honest as possible in this section.)

I do have experience yes. I was an admin on a new Minecraft server for about three months. My main objective was to get the server up and running (with plugins, setting up decent rules, etc). Unfortunately, the owner of the server was not able to get enough players, which resulted in him deleting the server. Other than that I, probably like most Minecraft players, have a private server with about eight active players.

Why do you want to be a staff member on SK? Why should we pick you instead of other players who apply?

After having been playing on SK for a very long time now, I'd like to do more than play on this server. I already like to help people as much as I can and becoming a staff-member would increase my ability to help (new) players even more.

I believe I should be picked instead of others who apply, because I have 3 years of experience on this server (which results in me having a lot of knowledge of several commands, nation/town information, etc.) I also like to believe I am quite professional and helpful. However, my main selling point would be that I am very active indeed.

If you could change one thing about the server, what would it be?
    (OPTIONAL QUESTION)

One of the biggest problems every Towny server has, is keeping the active player base higher than an average of 4 players at the same time. Combatting this issue is a battle as old as time. If elected, I vow to continue the 'War On Idleness' by introducing a new method which essentially will attract players to play more on Towny.

Introducing: Kinger's 45 day/45 point plan to get Towny back on track
    I'll get straight to the point, my plan is to introduce weekly 'seasonal' challenges. This might sound confusing, but what it in essence means, is that a player gets one challenge per week of the 'season'. The more of said challenges a player completes, the higher and thus better the reward at the end of the 'season' will be. One weekly challenge consists of a handful of tasks of great range. For example, one (weekly) task could be "Mine 400 gold ore".

As I personally believe losing any kind of reward due to a 'Towny reset' is rather demotivating, I really do believe it is of utmost importance to 'transfer' these rewards to the Lobby. That way players will always be able to access their rewards. This would hopefully have a positive influence, as players will always be able to enjoy their well deserved, much grinded for rewards.

Additional comments:

Honouring 'tradition' the only thing I can say is; that I am quite good at keeping the OORDUURRR!

• Like Like x 2
  2. SB737iscool1223

SB737iscool1223 New Member

hi i got banned AGAIN help pls lol

3. TheGreatKinger

4. SVTheBest

SVTheBest Well-Known Member

let's go kingy! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. SB737iscool1223

listen, no one is responding! i need help
    if u could contact someone, i would be so happy. IT WASN'T MY FAULT!!! so please, i am asking tell shmrr25 or something like that that i did not evade the ban. i simply changed my username while i was benned

6. TheGreatKinger

Hi again,

You should write that up in a 'ban appeal' on the forums, which you can do on the link I sent above. This really is neither the place nor the time to do this as this is a staff application. I do have one tip, use the site namemc.com to prove you changed your Minecraft name ^^

Best of luck

7. Vaibhav

Vaibhav Member

Good Luck !!
    I would vote For you! :D

8. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator
    Administrator System Administrator

Hey TheGreatKinger,

Thank you for taking the time to apply! Just so that you are ware: We would like to keep your applicaiton open for a while longer before making a decision.

Best of luck!

9. SB737iscool1223

hey, hope u get staff, u would be PERFECT for it

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. TheGreatKinger

Why thank you, that is very kind of you to say <3