Towny Community Build

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Zatheas, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Zatheas

Zatheas Member

Hello my name is Zatheas and i have been thinking of a community build in the Towny server. Where those that want to make a build togheter and i have a suggestion of a coliseum for PvP and such.

heres some pics of some coliseum builds in minecraft

Attached Files:

#1 Zatheas, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2017
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Major_Graft

Major_Graft Well-Known Member

Ok so i thought maybe this would be a good place to give progress updates on the build. So far we have rough dimensions marked out in cobble. Void has said he's happy to do the arches on the outer walls.

to do list:
    • resource gather
    • create floor level and terraform round edges
    • design gatehouse like structures on the inner wall into the stadium
    • choose a palette and put it near to the build so any builder can know what blocks to build with
    • rough in the tiered seats (i think people were talking about quartz slab and stone slab?)
    Anyone have other ideas what can be done or design ideas for the build post them here. I might also post screenshots later as a progress update after I've finished wire-framing.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Major_Graft

Ok so here is some screenshots of the wire-frame for other people to start working on,

Also I have made a public warp so that people don't have to waste a home to get here every time

/warp community build
    2017-09-22_11.31.16.png 2017-09-22_11.30.48.png 2017-09-22_11.30.04.png 2017-09-22_11.27.58.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator
    Administrator System Administrator

This looks like an ambitious project. Good luck! :)

5. Link_Targaryen

Link_Targaryen Retired Administrator

This looks like an awesome project! Always love seeing the community come together to do things like this. Good luck on it, and when it gets finished maybe we can make it a second PvP arena.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Major_Graft

@Daphsquid I think we are now finished on the community build so it falls to you and your good staff to decide the fate of it. All of us who have been involved are happy that you have taken interest! Lets hope the community builds get bigger and more exciting in towny 2.0!