Towny Player Shop Item Return

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by XiYen, Jan 28, 2018.

1. XiYen

XiYen Well-Known Member

So I've looked for an answer to this question all over the site, and have asked multiple people on the server, but I can't find concrete answers.

When your player shop rental expires, and the shop space is reverted back to being empty, are all the items you were selling in that shop deleted, or is it possible to get those items returned to you?

2. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator
    Administrator System Administrator

As far as I know the shop is simply rolled back to its original state once it expires. That means your items are lost along with the rest of it. It shouldn't be that much of an issue though as you can pay for it a few weeks in advance or take our items out of it in time if you don't want to pay anymore.

3. XiYen

XiYen Well-Known Member

Well, I actually rented a shop and missed when my shop rental period expired. I just started school, so my workload has increased significantly. This, along with some mental health issues, caused me to miss when my shop was rolled back, and I lost quite a lot of stuff, including several stacks of emeralds. Is there any way for me to get some or all of these items replaced?

4. Link_Targaryen

Link_Targaryen Retired Administrator

Without a record of what you had in there (which we don't have), we cannot do anything. If you happen to have any screenshots of the contents of some of the chests, or some other proof of what was in there, then we could give you those items. Without that, I'm sorry, but we cannot do anything. Sorry for any inconvenience.

5. Daphsquid

Daphsquid Server Owner
    Server Owner

I’d also like to add that when you rent a shop, it gives you a date it will expire. Furthermore, 24 hours in advance before your shop expires, it’ll give you warnings in chat to either move your stuff or extend your rent time. If you ignored all of those things, there’s nothing we can do to return the items. It automatically destroys the items upon expiring, to get the shop ready for the next buyer.

6. XiYen

XiYen Well-Known Member

Couldn't we have like a GUI that stores any items that might have been inside the chests in case people miss that 24 hour window?

7. Link_Targaryen

Link_Targaryen Retired Administrator

That would require custom coding a new plugin, which would be a far too time-consuming and expensive endeavor for us to undertake at this time.