Unendinq's Staff App

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Unendinq, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Unendinq

Unendinq Well-Known Member

Before applying for staff, please ensure that you meet all of the Staff Requirements. Any and all applications which do not meet these requirements will be denied by a staff member. Furthermore, please take your time to format your application and make it presentable. Your public image will be taken into account by the staff members who handle applications.
    You may remove these reminders before posting your application.

Your current IGN:
    Unendinq

What is your discord name including the # and numbers?
    Unendinq #6259

How old are you?

What timezone do you live in?
    EST

What server do you play the most on Shadow Kingdom?
    Towny

How active can you be on Shadow Kingdom?
    Every day for at least 4 hours a day actually playing, and discord is always open when I'm at my computer

Do you have any past experience as staff? Do you still work there? If not, why did you leave?
    (Please be as honest as possible in this section.)

I have some experience as staff, but to be fair, the servers weren't at the level Shadow Kingdom is (i.e. small servers that had 7-10 people on at one time, on a good day). The servers I was staff on were either run by my friends or just servers that I stumbled across. The most notable one, however, was a server called Alkaline PvP, which was run by my neighbor a few years back. It was a factions server run off some low end server host we found online, and although it had a decent player base, it was shut down a few months after its inception. My job was, as a result of the friendly and cooperating player base, not hard at all. I really only had to do light forum management, moderating chat, and respond to modreqs. Comparing it to the job of moderators on larger networks would be laughable, but it was nevertheless a nice way to gain experience in the "field".

Why do you want to be a staff member on SK? Why should we pick you instead of other players who apply?

When first I joined Shadow Kingdom over 2 years ago, I noticed from the beginning that there was something ostensibly different about the culture on this server. Perhaps it was the chorus of welcomes that greeted me when I first logged in, or maybe how everyone was so accommodating and helpful when I had even the "noobiest" question about server functions. I initially thought this was just an unspoken tactic that existing players used to get new members to actually play on the server, but I quickly learned that this was just the way Shadow Kingdom rolls. I would like to be in a position where I can help protect this culture. Something I take great pride in is enhancing an experience for everyone. In real life, I serve as vice president of my class, a role that is all about making high school the best it can be for every single student. Why limit this desire to the real world? I would love to maintain and even improve the playing experience for each player, Adventurer to Deity.

To address the second part of the question, I believe I should be chosen for a position on staff because I have been working with people of all different backgrounds and skill levels for as long as I can remember. Since the 7th grade, I have been working as an assistant basketball coach for my local Special Olympics chapter. I help the athletes improve on the court while also helping to provide a safe environment where they can have fun. While moderating a Minecraft server and coaching Special Olympics are obviously two dissimilar activities, I feel as though I can apply some of the skills I've learned as a coach to my job as staff member. In addition to this, my work ethic is something that I believe is one of my best attributes. I was never a "jock" in middle school, and never really cared about sports growing up. However, when I was 13, I fell in love with the sport of basketball. Unfortunately, basketball is a sport that favors players who start training at absurdly young ages. Despite these odds, I worked my butt off to make steady strides in my progression as a player and will be playing basketball in college this coming fall/winter. I think this work ethic is something that would most certainly serve me well in a position like this that can require quite a bit of effort. I would say I am a pretty well rounded person as well. While I am a big athlete, I also love fishing, politics, and of course, Minecraft. In one afternoon, I often go from serving as the head of my schools media club to the weightroom and then start gaming when I get home . All that is to say that I feel like my well roundedness might be advantageous in an environment where players I want to establish a relationship with might have all different kinds of interests and passions. Lastly, while I can only speak for myself, I would like to think that I have a solid standing in the mind of most every player on the server. I try to always be helpful and as nice as possible to all players I come across, and I think I have made some nice friends on the network, which is an added bonus.

If you could change one thing about the server, what would it be?
    (OPTIONAL QUESTION)

Protection stones are something that I have felt could benefit the towny server for quite sometime. In my opinion, this could be a nice middle ground for players who might not want to join a town yet still want some protection for their base. Also, this is a hot take, but I'm not the biggest fan of the current rankup system. I understand that it is a way to show off your prowess on towny as well as offer some nice commands, but I don't think it should require money to rankup. I don't know how I would change it otherwise, but something about the fact that it requires such a large monetary sum to move up isn't something I love.

Additional comments:

Even though I have technically been a member of Shadow Kingdom for well over 2 years (Dec 2017), I took two long hiatuses because I got into a few xbox games and, in all honesty, forgot Minecraft even existed. With that being said, I am now back for good, and look forward to continuing my SK journey, whether that be as a member of staff or just a regular player.

Also, I'm so sorry you had to read all of that, I just enjoy writing and wanted to be thorough in my application lol.

• Like Like x 3
  2. f1reninj4

f1reninj4 Legendary Member

But not Apprentice to Elite Builder D:

3. Unendinq

Unendinq Well-Known Member

My dearest apologies :(