Towny Updates on Everything

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by FNPlayz, Jul 22, 2019.

1. FNPlayz

FNPlayz Moderator

Hello, I haven't written a forums post in a while - that is excluding my status updates - and have decided to write one to let everyone know what I'm planning for my town and me.

Aqualore is a town that has existed since February 24th, it was the second town to exist on Towny 3.0 and has had the most members this whole time, with 182 as of now. Maintaining this town took unmeasurable amounts of effort and I feel as if I've neglected it lately. I believe there are a few reasons for this:
    • Firstly, becoming a moderator on SK has increased the responsibilities I carry and things I have to handle such as becoming part of the social media team and having many more modreqs to handle.
    • I'm also in a position where I'm building a brand new PC in a couple of weeks and I'll spend less time doing technical work on Towny and more building/fun or interesting stuff that I could perhaps record and upload on my currently inactive YouTube channel. Furthermore, I might spend more time on Creative again and try to complete my Architect build.
    • I feel like having to do the same thing in my town all the time, all alone, is pretty exhausting and boring and it's limited me from just working on town builds and projects.
    • In addition to all this, I think Towny 3.0 is in a stage where people are going through desperate measures to gain power and it's not as fun more because aggression and thirst for victory are overcoming the enjoyable aspects. It makes being a large town less fun and you get more negative/smug comments from competitive players, towns or nations. There is now a lot of drama from towns such as Amsterdam or FNAFTOWN and it's just a lot harder both as a staff member and a Towny player.
    Now, obviously, I'm not just going to leave and I have revised a few solutions such as passing on the role of Major to someone else however I'm not sure which option to choose. I'd like to see what I can evolve Trogs Corp. into as co-CEO and would like to complete our battle arena and theme park.
    I'm not entirely sure what I'd like to do which is another reason for me writing this post. I'd like to hear suggestions which could potentially help me out. The points above certainly have encouraged me to stop striving to maintain the number one spot on /t list.

Another untouched topic is that I have two stories, both unfinished.
    I discontinued the Daphsquid Murder Mystery and the poll decided that I should release a summary of what the plot was supposed to become. I'd still like to release that now that I have plenty of time after school finished 3 days ago.
    I have a second story, a less popular one, In Blue. This story was based on Towny which isn't quite evident yet as the story hasn't progressed lately. I also want to continue writing this despite its lack of attention compared to the Murder Mystery. I'd like to hear ideas from the community to perhaps spice up the story. I do feel like the upcoming few chapters will be great though and might bring some more interest.

Thanks for reading,
    - FN

#1 FNPlayz, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator
    Administrator System Administrator

Having had the most populated town in the old version of towny I understand absolutely how you feel. Ok, technically I was only the manager and Carmur was the mayor, but he left earlier on. :D
    I never managed to build anything significant in t2 due to having to manage my town constantly and being a staff member. If you want to focus on building things instead, I would make somebody who has more time at hand the mayor, while remaining a manager of the town.

Regarding the stories, I am sure that the new one will become more popular once you release one or two more chapters to get people hooked :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Rubyo2000

Rubyo2000 Well-Known Member

I totaly understand your struggles. I may not be a staff member, but the part of being a mayor of a big town is allready very time consuming.

And you write story's? Omg, I never knew about it! Hope to read your new story soon, and good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. FNPlayz

FNPlayz Moderator

#4 FNPlayz, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019