When is a farm classified as an AFK farm?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Sindarin, Jan 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sindarin

Sindarin New Member

Hello friends,

I personally love automatic farms in Minecraft, whether it be cactus farms, mob grinders or iron machines. But in the rules, I read AFK farms are forbidden. But when is a farm actually called an AFK farm? If I make a cactus farm that automatically harvests, it might be called an AFK farm for I would be AFK making the cacti, but it could be a normal farm that just runs while playing too. A mob grinder might spawn either while at keyboard or when you’re AFK, which is the same for collecting/killing the mobs. So when is a farm called an AFK farm and forbidden, and when is it not? What are the limits?

EDIT: never mind this post, I just checked the rules again and saw automatic farms in general are prohibited, so this question no longer applies.

EDIT 2: Would like to re-form this question: When is a farm called ‘automatic’? If I make a mob farm that flushes mobs down into a killing chamber, is that automatic or not? EDIT 3: Or other semi-automatic farms, like wheat farms where you have to plant the wheat yourself, or auto-smelters?

Thank you in advance for the reply,
    Sindarin

#1 Sindarin, Jan 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  2. Fira

Fira Dedicated Member

For grinders in particular you cant make a machine that will auto kill the mob for you. You can drop them down from a far distance but a player has to deliver the killing blow. As for farms you have to be present and not afk to farm the crops the moment you go afk and it keeps doing its job then its against the rules. Also on that note anything like afk pools or something that keeps you from going afk in game is not allowed either.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sindarin

Sindarin New Member

Sorry for the late reply, but if I understand correctly, an automatic farm is okay so long as I do not go AFK? So I could make a fully automatic cactus farm as long as I don’t AFK at it?

4. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator
    Administrator System Administrator

To clear this up: A farm is considered an AFK farm if it continues to work, even if you WOULD go afk (even if you do not go AFK it doesn't change the farm). In your case the cactus farm would be fine, if you had to push a button everytime you want to harvest or something similar.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Sindarin

Sindarin New Member

Then, these rules apply for all three the servers (towny, kingdoms and prison)? Or do all of them have different rules?

6. TAlegends

TAlegends Member