Towny Wither Skeleton Farms

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Elite, Aug 11, 2019.

?

Has the farms existence TO YOU had a..

Poll closed Aug 11, 2019.
  1. Positive impact

50.0%
  2. Negative impact

50.0%
  1. Elite

Elite New Member

Recently on towny, a wither farm has been created. This has lead to an unhealthy circulation of wither skulls/beacons I would say the price of those items had dropped by upwards of 30 percent. The people running the farms have also made a moderately great amount of money in such little time, this is not good for the server as people with access to these grinders will make money from killing withers and wither skeletons too easy, that gives them an unfair advantage on new players making money/ players without access to these grinders. A simple solution would be to make them illegal, or drop the spawn rate of wither skeletons therefore giving the bearers less money and less wither heads.

2. wee

wee New Member

We've all put in a total of like 8 days each in playtime and none of us are even higher than lord rank. We found a demand for an item and created supply. It's just simple economics. We aren't even rich. With a town of 7 people we have a total of around $300k. This post is just covered in salt.

"Unhealthy circulation of wither skulls" we sell like 6 total a day lmao. Just because we have time to be active everyday for long periods of time, doesn't mean what we've created was easy by any means. Or even exclusive to us. Anyone can create this if they want to put in the effort. This post is just darn right silly.

Not to mention a poll basically asking people "are you ok with these guys making money that you're not making" is obviously not going to be a very unbias poll. If an administrator would like to see how the skeleton farm works, then by all means ask us and you'll be surprised at how insignificant the return really is. Good day sir.

#2 wee, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2019
  3. Elite

Elite New Member

8 days on the server with lord rank is too fast

4. wee

wee New Member

not when all you do is grind all day... you people just talk in chat while you're online. If you've noticed my town almost never talks. Very rarely anyway.

There’s a reason spawners don’t give money

#4 wee, Aug 11, 2019
  5. Harryparaballz

Harryparaballz New Member

So EVERYBODY else's guardian farms need to be deleted? These are major projects that take a large amount of effort and preparation. Using spawners is dramatically easier than that.

6. Rubyo2000

Rubyo2000 Well-Known Member

True, but the amount of money you can make with Guardian farms was very hard decreased from the moment it became clear it made more money then expected.
    Idk how much you earn with these new farms, but if its too high, it should not be deleted or banned...just nerfed like the other great money making machines.
    How much do you earn btw? I would like to know how much we are talking about

• Like Like x 1
  7. wee

wee New Member

As I said, I'd be happy to show any admin.

For one, the 'farm' (it's hardly a farm) only works 40% of the time because of many different factors that come into play. With 90% of the spawns being zombie pigmen, I would say it's slightly more profitable than mining ores, just significantly less annoying and mindnumbing. Literally just look at our balances and our town balance and it will give you a pretty good idea. I genuinely think he's just salty about people having more beacons than him.

#7 wee, Aug 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. sh2mrr5

sh2mrr5 Administrator
    Administrator System Administrator

First of all, please do not spam-create posts like that @wee. If you want to add something to your last post, use the edit function instead.

Regarding the farm: If it doesn't violate our rules regarding AFK farms, it is perfectly fine. The main issue with guardian farms was, that the money is generated mostly by jobs and selling items with /sell, which were both more or less infinite. However, this isn't the case for wither skeleton skulls, since the price is determined by how much players are willing to pay, offering too many skulls will make the prices drop on their own in the long run.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Elite

Elite New Member

Sh1m is right, I agree that the wither farms should exist in some shape or form, and I do really appreciate what the wither farm has done for the server and even me, but 120 dollars per wither Skeleton and the added bonus of 2k per wither kill +Beacons becoming more popular meant that a wither would be very OP

10. wee

wee New Member

Thank you for the response sh2mrr5. I have never used the forums before so I will keep that in mind from now on.

Not a very fast money making method. Killing enough skeletons, if they even spawn, to get 3 skulls. Kill a wither. Sounds like a lot of hassle for about 5k. And then sell a beacon which usually sits in the auction house for at least 24hrs. I spend hours mining with other people in my town, on top of our playershops and the auction house, to make our money. Every dollar earned goes into the town bank to rank up the first player to reach the playtime. For example yesterday we made about 200k with 3 people playing for 8-12hrs each. It may appear fast to you, but I assure you it's not.

Mining ore on Y12 gives you 1-3k every minute or so if you do it correctly and take advantage of enchants and McMMO double drops.

#10 wee, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019