Almost 3 months ago, Towny v5.0 was released, bringing you a new and improved Towny server with lots of new features and challenges. Since then, we have been actively working on fixing issues, implementing suggestions and bringing smaller changes to make the experience for the players even better.
As some of you may have noticed, this slowed down a bit during the summer due to diverse summer plans of the staff. However, with summer coming to a close, we are determined to turn this around and provide fun events and updates throughout the next couple of months!
Today, I'm happy to announce that the Towny v5.1 update is coming on Friday, September 9th! It will include some major additions:
Nether Resource World
In addition to the current Nether world, a Nether Resource world will be added to the game. Much like the current Resource world, the Nether Resource world will be dedicated to the gathering/destruction of Nether resources. This will allow players to use the current Nether world as a place to build and claim land.
Many of you guys suggested the addition of a Nether Resource world, which is the number one reason for this change!
Towny Dynamic Map
You heard it right! A dynamic map of the Towny world will be available after this update! More information on how exactly this will look and what it will entail will follow next week.
Reset of the End and Resource WorldsAnd last but not least, we decided to reset both the End and Resource worlds to provide you all with 2 additional new worlds to loot and explore!
If you still have anything of value in either of these worlds, make sure to grab it BEFORE that Friday!
To make this whole update possible, we will need to take the server offline for about 2 hours. The server will be taken offline on Friday, September 9th at 4pm GMT. Towny v5.1 should be ready for release at 6pm GMT!
A number of smaller, additional changes (both in the foreground and in the background) will be made during this time as well. These will be listed in a changelog afterwards.
Hope to see you all...
Congratulations to everyone who took part in our Nature Will Find a Way contest!
As usual everyone who took part now has 2 weeks to copy their build to the regular plotworld and submit it from there if they wish. The top three builds will be copied to the museum and can be submitted from there. Store coupons and build points will also be distributed over the next few days.
Eithrial has recently been promoted to Assistant. Because they started the contest as a normal player, we decided it would be best to keep them in the player ranking this time.
They did not join the judging procedur to keep everything fair.
Here are the winners of the contest:
(1,000 points + $50 donation store coupon + A render of their build made by Jstoeckm2)
(750 points + $25 donation store coupon + A render of their build made by Jstoeckm2)
(500 points + $15 donation store coupon + A render of their build made by Jstoeckm2)
4th - 5th Place:
proteccdaqueen & LaVoz
(250 points + $10 donation store coupon)
6th - 10th Place:
Ruben0_0, forkroots, Silverra, ImKalix & N1gh70wl3R
Every finished plot:
Weajen & Marijke:
Thanks to everyone who made this amazing contest possible, hope to see you soon on the server.
Keep on building!
The results of the poll are in, and the winning theme, with over 50% of the votes, is Nature will find a way
Below are the final results of the poll:
- June 19th - June 22th: Theme Poll.
- June 25th: Theme announcement, building begins!
- July 23rd: Building ends, judging starts.
- July 30th: Results are published.
The most beautiful plants, great mountains and breath-taking landscapes. Nature always finds a way through the harshest conditions or through the never-ending progress in science. In this theme you could make epic landscapes, nature taking back a city or even a biopunk themed castle!
Will you show us how nature changes us? Or how we change nature?
For this contest, we will award the following to the top ten builds:
- 1st Place: 1,000 points + $50 donation store coupon + A render of their build made by Jstoeckm2
- 2nd Place: 750 points + $25 donation store coupon + A render of their build made by Jstoeckm2
- 3rd Place: 500 points + $15 donation store coupon + A render of their build made by Jstoeckm2
- 4th - 5th Place: 250 points + $10 donation store coupon
- 6th - 10th Place: 125 points
- Every finished plot: 50 Coins
- No group builds allowed.
- Everything must be built on the server in the designated world, after the opening date.
- No copying other content.
- No build mods/clients allowed (e.g. Schematica, Litematica).
- We recommend building in default texture pack, as that is what they will be viewed with and judged in.
- Staff members can join the contest to enjoy building with all of you in a certain theme. Staff submissions will be in a separate ranked contest, decided by you!
- Join our creative server at mc.shadowkingdom.org and type /warp contest to access the world.
- Claim a plot and start building!
Now! As soon as this announcement is posted, the contest will begin, and everybody will be able to participate! You have until July 23rd to finish your builds. The results...
Page 1 of 35