As of today, we are actively looking for new staff members! If you have been thinking of applying recently, now is the perfect time to do so! We are particularly looking for staff who are knowledgeable on the CreativeBD server and tools/plugins, however, Towny staff are always appreciated also. As a staff member, you will have the opportunity to work with our team on making the server a more enjoyable place for the community.
Before applying, be sure that you meet our Staff Requirements:
- Must be registered on the forums for at least one week (or 7 days).
- Must have a Discord account. Staff members use Discord to communicate and discuss server stuff.
- Must be active on Discord daily. Staff members will be expected to keep up with the Discord Staff Chats for any updates or announcements regarding the server.
- Must be fluent in the English language. English is Shadow Kingdom's main language and you will need to know this language to appropriately moderate the server. Knowing extra languages is a huge plus, however not a requirement.
- Must be willing to learn about and staff every server on the network. Specialization and preferential treatment towards one or some servers over others is allowed, but staff members are expected to know, at the extreme least, how every server operates and how to answer basic questions about their functions.
- Must be available for a voice interview with our Staff Manager on Discord. If you have any issues complying with this rule, please highlight those issues in your staff application.
- We do not have an age restriction on staff members, but an ideal age would be at least 14 years old and above.
I look forward to seeing some new staff around very soon and I thank all of those who take the time out of their days to apply!
- SK Administration
Every so often we like to provide you all with a feedback form. These forms help us understand how our community feels about the updates and servers that we are providing and heavily influences future updates.
Since Towny v3.0 has been online for nearly a year, we are looking for your feedback and general thoughts on how this server delivered in terms of features and improvements from previous Towny servers throughout this time. Some of the questions on this form may take a while to properly answer, so we recommend taking your time and answering them with as much detail and insight as you can.
We believe that everyone in our community should have an equal voice to share their thoughts/critiques/suggestions, so our administrative team will be reading every single response to this form.
**Please keep in mind that this form will require you to login to Google, however, we are NOT collecting emails. The login requirement is purely for the sake of minimizing spam and low-quality responses. If you wish for your response to remain anonymous, please leave the "What is your Minecraft username?" question blank and proceed as normal.
Towny v3.0 Feedback Form: https://forms.gle/fcpQXBeqG28GSG3TA
We find it necessary after the recent Towny rollback to make a public statement regarding the status of the server and what the Sysadmin Team has been up to in the recent weeks to fix it. Initially, we did not find it ideal to draw this much attention to the issue, but with the growing spread of misinformation regarding the situation, it is now our obligation to the community to update you all on what has been happening behind the scenes.
It started with random shut downs on both Towny and Creative. We were aware of these shut downs when the first one happened on December 14th, 2019 at around 12:30AM EST and searched the server logs for an explanation. Of course, nothing was there to be seen— not even a crash report was generated to provide us with answers. The issue with immediate shut downs (like the ones experienced on Shadow Kingdom during the last few weeks) is that no proper file saving occurs, which can lead to corruption in some instances. Luckily, nothing seemed to be broken yet, but nonetheless, all of us were searching for an answer that would explain these random shut downs.
Soon thereafter, the issue spread further and began affecting the entire dedicated server that we host our gamemodes on. The first instance of this was on December 15th, when I came online to notice that the entire dedicated server had restarted itself— similar to how the individual Minecraft servers had been doing prior. We immediately began undoing any of the recent updates and uninstalling new software in hopes of repairing this issue, but the only way to tell if it was fixed was to wait and see if another crash occurred. After contacting our server host, we still had none of the answers we hoped for.
This went on for a few weeks until finally on Sunday, January 5th, 2020 at around 6:30PM EST when our dedicated server restarted itself, the servers did not start correctly— some data had been corrupted due to the improper shut downs. This was the reason for the few hours of downtime experienced on this day. We back up Shadow Kingdom every few hours, so this issue was easily fixed once we got online to address it. However, our backups software did not update itself, so after the server came back online, the old (broken) server was being backed up instead of the live one. That is...
Page 5 of 22