The results are in, We're pleased to announce that the theme for this build contest is Journey Through Time!
This poll was a close one, here are the final results:
Theme Description: Time travel is real, and you've just stepped out of your machine into the great unknown. Where do you, intrepid explorer, find yourself today? Take us on a journey through the ages to a time long gone, or a world we have yet to experience.
For this contest, we will award the following to the top ten builds:
1st Place: 1,000 points + $50 donation store coupon
2nd Place: 750 points + $25 donation store coupon
3rd Place: 500 points + $15 donation store coupon
4th - 5th Place: 250 points
6th - 10th Place: 125 points
The top three builds will earn a place in the museum world, and their builders a sign at spawn!
How To Participate:
- Join our creative server at mc.shadowkingdom.org and use /Warp Contest
- Claim a plot and start building!
- No group builds allowed.
- Everything must be built on the server in the designated world, after the opening date.
- No copying others' content.
- No build mods/clients allowed (e.g. Schematica).
- We recommend building in default texture pack, as that is what they will be judged in.
- Staff members (including their alt accounts) are not allowed to participate.
Right now! When this announcement is made, the contest will begin, and everybody can participate! The contest will run until 28 August and results will be announced one week later on 4 September.
Good luck! We're looking forward to seeing your best builds!
Earlier this year we held Creative: Build Discovery's first ever build contest, and it was a roaring success. Now, we're back with a second contest, and another four theme options for you to vote on!
The schedule for this contest is as follows:
7th-12th August: Theme Poll
14th August: Building Begins
28th August: Building Ends
4th September: Contest Results
The contest will run for two weeks, in a similar format to the previous contest. Full rules and rewards will be included in the start of contest announcement.
In addition to two themes which proved popular runners-up in the previous contest's poll, we have added two additional options we hope you'll love:
- Space Exploration: Spaceships and cities. Asteroids and astronauts. The very furthest corners of the universe are your playground in this space-themed building contest.
- Once Upon A Time: Fairy tales. Elves, goblins, witches, knights and magical beasts inhabit this fantasy theme.
- Above The Clouds: The sky is the limit in this theme! Be it planes, dragons, creatures of myth and legend or entire kingdoms, what secrets are concealed above the cloudy sky?
- Journey Through Time: Time travel is real, and you've just stepped out of your machine into the great unknown. Where do you, intrepid explorer, find yourself today? Take us on a journey through the ages to a time long gone, or a world we have yet to experience.
Build Contest Theme Poll:
Towny v3.0 has been, without a doubt, the most successful server we ever had on this network, featuring player counts we didn’t think to be possible. It has been an epic journey, but now the time has come at last to put the old server to rest. Therefore, I am excited to finally announce the newest iteration of towny servers: Towny v4.0! Our main goal with this server was to create the best towny experience so far by addressing all the feedback we got during the last year, as well as adding hand-picked new features along with true 1.15 support.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the whole community for their support and feedback, after all it is only thanks to you that we are able to release this server! In the following paragraphs I will high-light the new main features and changes.
Ranking up and Quests
One of the main issues of Towny v3.0 was, that ranking up took a lot of time and was often not worth the effort, especially when you had a town to take care of at the same time. To make earning money easier, we will introduce more than 300 unique daily quests. These quests are unlocked for a specific job as soon as you reach a job level of 10 (even better ones will be unlocked at higher levels). Due to the daily limit of one quest per job, the rewards can be high enough to be your new main source of income. On top of that, we reworked the ranking ladder to make ranking up more worth it, even if you are already a donator. The main perks are small, but significant boosts to your job income and a new custom-coded storage system for your experience.
Completely reworked Treasure Hunt
Everybody who played the Treasure Hunt in T3 might have noticed two things: Some of the reward crates were mostly useless and the world looked very unfinished in places. This is why we reworked most of the rewards, now including several new, unique items with unique effects. There will for example be a Sharpness VI axe for all those axe fighters among you and a Looting IV sword. A full list of prizes will be revealed in a separate announcement though. Additionally, we replaced the old TH world with a completely new one, made under the lead of 0o0_0o0_0o0, with a far more diverse environment....
Page 5 of 25